Beware Of E-file

Discussion in Misc & Others started by pafjlh • Mar 7, 2015.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I coudln't believe this yesterday. Because I work online I really have no choice but to use an online service to file my taxes. After all, its not easy to do this when you are more or less self employed so you need help. I thought I could use e-file it seem to be economical enough. They claimed that federal filing was free and that state would be twenty dollars more.

Notice I said the words they claimed. I went through my taxes got to the final page and found that if I filed with them I would have to pay around 55 dollars. Why because for some reason that wasn't explained me suddenly it was 35 dollars to file the federal return along with the twenty dollars to file state, well at least the state stayed the same price. I got out of there, and couldn't believe what had just happened. I felt the need to warn all of you, I don't know why this happened to me, but this wasn't a good experience that's for sure.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That sure is alarming for those who work in America. Where I'm from, they just leave you alone with your online gigs. You can earn as much as you want and the local government won't tax you a cent unless of course register your gigs as an online business. If you keep it private, you can keep your earnings without bureaucratic hassles.

3. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    How I wish that was the case here in the United States. Its funny taxes began as part of the war effort back in World War II but because the government found there was profit in it we have had to deal with it ever since. I have been looking into other income tax options for filing but the sad thing is, there was a time when we could do this for free through a booklet, but now these are few and hard to come by. Everyone seems to want us to do it online which comes with having fees slapped on us. That's not good especially when you don't have that much money to use to do taxes with.