Beyond Blenders

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by JMaldaner • Jan 26, 2016.

1. JMaldaner

JMaldanerNew Member

Threads:
    I purchased a Blendtec blender from Beyond Blenders in July of 2013. Great pricing and fast shipping. No complaints. In fact, superior service. Flash forward to last week. I needed some warranty work so I tried to contact Beyond Blenders. They only have a contact email form on their website. No phone. The short story is, Blendtec themselves honored the warranty work with no reservations. But, I am concerned that Beyond Blenders may be out of business. They did not and have not answered repeated email inquiries. And, I have been unable to unearth a phone number for them. Does anyone here have knowledge of this company and can you tell me if they are, indeed, out of business?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Both Vitamix and Blendtec have affiliate programs, whereby other web sites can earn commissions by promoting their products and generating sales. For example, Blendtec pays it's affiliates a 15% commission on each blender sale their affiliate sites generate. It's likely that Beyond Blenders is simply an affiliate site, and not a full fledged retailer stocking inventory of these products and handling returns and repair services directly.

Unfortunately, some affiliate sites can be a bit misleading about their relationships with their vendors. Once they get their commissions, they generally don't provide any further assistance or services to you - instead you need to reach out to the manufacturers directly.

3. JMaldaner

JMaldanerNew Member

Threads:
    ohiotom78, thanks for the reply! What you are suggesting makes good sense, but for this. My brother bought his Blendtec from Beyond Blenders a few years before I did. He needed a replacement jar one time and Beyond Blenders' service was exemplary! They understood that my brother uses his blender daily and he had a new jar in 48 hours. His experience with that kind of service was the deciding factor for me when I decided to purchase from Beyond Blenders. So, I had (have) an expectation of service with that company. My brother talked to them on the phone to explain his situation and now they do not have a phone number listed anywhere that I have searched.

Blendtec is honoring the warranty and I will get a new jar. But, their service is not nearly as efficient! Not nearly. The oddest thing in my mind is that Beyond Blender coupons are still being advertised on the web. I don't know if Beyond Blenders is still in business or not. A search of their address shows five additional mail-order type companies holding the same address, with the same principal. I am guessing this fellow is simply a home-based business and perhaps the blender business was a passing fancy.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's good that you were finally able to get in touch with them and they will be honoring their warranty. I will be in the market for a blender soon, so it's good to know that this probably isn't the company I want to be dealing with when I'm ready to make my purchase. I think you're probably correct @JMaldaner@JMaldaner in assuming that this product line is probably on the back burner for the company. As @ohiotom76@ohiotom76 mentioned, some affiliates are happy to pocket their money and then go on their way, without concern for the future and any issues with the products. It does sound as if this seller has most likely moved on to more profitable ventures, so hopefully you won't have additional issues with your blender.