Beyond the Rack

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by amy005 • Aug 6, 2012.

1. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    Has anyone ever shopped here before? I heard a lot of bad things about this from people in the past. It seemed like there are some really great deals on here but I don't want to try it unless I know others have had a good experience.

2. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I'm familiar with the site. I don't think it is a scam. I think the prices are good, but aren't crazy good enough to believe it isn't real. I've also never read any negative reviews on the site. However, I haven't personally purchased anything from them so I can't say for certain. But I would be pretty surprised if this was.

3. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought anything from the site but it does seem that there are some complaints out there. I quickly searched for "beyond the rack scams" and read few articles but couldn't really come to the conclusion whether it is a scam site. I think the best way is to buy something of small value and then decide whether it met your expectation.

4. JJohnston

JJohnstonNew Member

Threads:
    I've never purchased for there but I'm inclined to say it's not a scam. Yes, the shipping might suck or the product might not be as good as one may have thought, but I think it's legit. It's been around a good deal of time, if it were a scam it would have been shut down by now (hopefully).

5. AnnieGreene

AnnieGreeneNew Member

Threads:
    I did purchase from Beyond the Rack in the springtime, so I can tell you definitively that it is not a scam. However, I wasn't overly impressed by the quality of the clothes when I received them, and now 6 months later most of the items are unwearable.

If you have time to go down to Winners or a good consignment shop, you'll do much better than you would at Beyond the Rack. But some of us moms just can't get out of the house for long enough to shop for ourselves - particularly to shop for deals at a place like Winners where you really need to take the time to dig. So, Beyond the Rack is probably better than just grabbing a t-shirt at Wal-Mart, and the clothes are definitely fashionable. Also, their sizes are accurate, and their search tools are great.

I should add that I bought a nice pair of Calvin Klein leather flats there, and they are still going strong.

6. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I have purchased from beyond the rack before. I Purchased a Down Winter Coat, by Tripple 5 soul, and a pair of Off the Beaten Track Leather boots. Both are absolutely amazing. It takes a long time to deliver, given that they order once the sale is complete, but the items I received are high quality, and were much cheaper than the prices posted else where.