Black friday deals a hoax?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by forumwriter225 • Dec 9, 2013.

1. forumwriter225

forumwriter225New Member

Threads:
    I've always been under the impression that the supposed Black Friday deals are a sham. Is this true? Are there savings opportunities on Black Friday that are worth the risks and frustrations associated with weaving through the crowds and shoppers?

2. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I think there are some deals on Black Friday that are worth it . But this really depends on what you are looking to buy. Also some people actually have a lot of fun going to black Friday sales. It is even a tradition in some family's. I suppose it takes a certain kind of person. I've found that in certain stores you can find the same stuff online as you can in stores though. I went to the Kohls website and saw some really good deals on Black Friday this year. I thought they would be the same if not better deals during Cyber Monday so I didn't buy the stuff I wanted at that time. I was pretty disappointed when I went back during the Cyber Monday sale and noticed that the Black Friday sale really did have better deals. But I definetely will stick to online Black Friday deals from now on unless there is something that I think is really worth it to buy in the physical stores.

3. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    There are some great savings on Black Friday.

Though, you have to remember that it is just like the Dollar Tree. You see big savings and end up spending more.

4. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I would not say Black Friday deals are a hoax. It just comes down to what you actually need. I mean Black Friday is not for everyone and I think that is why everyone does not like it. I assure you though, there is nothing wrong with shopping on Black Friday. You are bound to find some great deals on electronics.

5. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if I would call it a hoax per se, but it is definitely a very strategic marketing tool companies use for huge monetary gain every year. I think that really at the end of the day, the companies are doing what they are supposed to, which is create profit for themselves to stay afloat. I think the biggest issue is that consumers buy into this belief that the best time to purchase material goods are during a season that is supposed to be more family oriented. Consumers have to be smarter then the money hungry corporations. Material things do not and should not replace time spent with those you love during the holiday season.

6. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    I think the deals are there, but what one person sees as a great buy another does not. I personally have no need to crawl over people to get another 32" flat panel TV for $99, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good deal. I know some employees do try and hold back those items as well to save for themselves, so in some stores, just because it's advertised doesn't mean it will be available to the public. This year, in the Dollar General ad, they advertised $35 or $39 portable DVD players, but when we inquired about them a few days before Thanksgiving the employees said, "I think we are already out of them..." Sounds kind of strange, seeing that they weren't suppose to be available until Black Friday...

7. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I feel like it has to do with advertising. A company knows if they advertise certain deals that are considered amazeballs people will show up to retrieve them. Knowing full well that other things will be bought in the store. It's rare that you go in for the one item and leave with one item. Even a pack of gum on the way out helps.
    They also know that there is a limited amount they can afford to sell at that fabulous deal price. I would, personally, prefer it if in their ads and commercials they would mention that they have _____ amount available at said price. Which would help you figure out whether it IS worth it to deal with those crowds.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sure the items exist and they really are that price, but there's only a small quantity, so the odds of actually getting one of the items is slim. I prefer Cyber Monday because you can still get some bargains online but you don't have to go out and battle the crowds.

9. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    How can you call it a hoax? If you go to these sales you can see for yourself that they do in fact exist. This would now become an ironic topic if you happened to be a religious person. Seems like religious people question things with evidence, even though they believe in something that has none.

Completely off topic with that, but my point was yes they are real.