Black Friday Shopping?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by JessiFox • Oct 11, 2014.

1. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Just wondering for those of you that do Black Friday Shopping, where do you usually shop? What places do you think have the best deals and which ones do you avoid altogether? I don't normally go Black Friday Shopping but I'm considering it this year, depending on the kinds of deals I see around.

2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I do not like crowds, so I typically wait for Black Friday deals online. Usually, my favorite brands (H&M and Topshop) have online stores that offer free shipping and big discounts during this time of the year. Otherwise, I just look at other sites. I don't really see the appeal of squeezing in crowded stores just to buy cheap stuff.

3. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    Cyber Monday is actually more cheaper and less of a hassel than black friday shopping. It is easier to view items you want online also. You do not even have to find parking.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's been proven that Black Friday isn't the best day to get deals on consumer goods, and I'm not big on wading through crowds. I'd rather pay full price or get a discount on some other day than have to deal with crazy people that think they're getting the best deal that's ever been offered in the history of retail. I understand why some people do it, but it's just not sensible for me.

5. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I generally think that Black Friday deals for some products is a hoax, but not for others, the products that I see and think are not really on for sale during Black Friday are mostly online , I think that the stores do keep their bargains and actually slash prices, I have never seen a cell phone like the Iphone or other high end phones slashed in prices when it comes to Black Friday and online shopping, however, furniture, I have seen, household appliances, and other household products.

6. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't really done much Black Friday shopping over the years due to finances and the crowd can definitely be overwhelming, but I plan to do a bit of shopping this year. I'm going to have me eyes on Future Shop looking for any good deal I can find on electronics, I'll pay a visit to Walmart to see what they have going on and I'll be searching for sales online.

7. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I stick to Cyber Monday because I am not about to get up that early to have a bunch of rude people all up in my face at 5 a.m. or earlier. Black Friday isn't fun anymore because people are just to selfish. I haven't seen a great sale this year that would pull me out of bed that early. I do like Amazon's sales though.

8. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    I went to Best Buy one year, but since Black Friday is now let's not give a crap about Thanksgiving anymore, I don't shop anywhere on Black Friday. I usually wait until during the week to go shopping if I can afford it.

9. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    I usually hit up WalMart. They now have some items guaranteed in stock - if they run out they give you a card and you pay for the item and come back when it is in stock and pick it up. Also they have things like blu ray movies for $5 and cheap games. My next stop is PetSmart where I buy about a pallet of cat litter. Of course if you do not have animals that's not going to be of use to you. Finally Amazon has some great deals if you have the patience to sit by the computer and wait for the lightning deals. Oh also Sephora, also online, usually has a bunch of stuff for $10 each. Staples often has things free after rebate. Unfortunately I don't think my budget will be big this year:(