Black Friday

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by MarriedGirl15 • Nov 18, 2015.

1. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    What do you like and dislike about Black Friday? I like that I am able to find great deals and that I can shop online for certain products. What I dislike about Black Friday is the crowd and the long lines. How do you all feel?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really shop on Black Friday. If I do shop on Black Friday I would get up really early and get to the store before the crowds get there. I do not do crowds well. I do like the idea of saving some money on things I had planned to purchase.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So many people wait for Black Friday and get disappointed. I find more stores have early Black Friday deals so that people who miss out can still get some deals. Generally I have my eye on a few things, but I know if I don't get it, another offer will come up, especially after Christmas.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thankfully, people here don't celebrate Black Friday. It's a North American tradition, I believe. However, because most of our clients happen to be Americans and Canadians, we have less workload during Black Fridays. The occasion, like most holidays, draws a lot of crowd at malls and grocery stores. That's why you have to prepare days ahead. Do your shopping a month or week prior to the celebration date.

5. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    Black Friday sales are starting to be more common in Canada. It's a great day to get deals on electronics. I also love that you can shop online and still get the same deals. I hate the long line ups to check out, crowds and looking for parking. I have friends who regularly travel to the NY for the Black Friday deals. They love it and go every year and get some amazing sales. I am quite impressed with the deals they get on clothing.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:What I like about Black Friday is the specials you can get at terrific prices! At least we have Black Fridays to shop at. More and more shops are having specials throughout the month of November instead of just one day for a spectacular sale! I like Cyber Monday week that comes after Black Friday too. One thing I don't like about Black Friday is that some stores will be open on Thanksgiving so the employees don't get to spend Thanksgiving with their families which is very sad. I'm so glad that Canada is bringing Black Friday to Canada. Everyone should have a Black Friday month too! Hope Black Friday month goes worldwide so everyone can get great prices for what they want.

7. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I HATE shopping with crowds so I never actually go buy stuff on Black Friday (whereas my husband loves to go with his brother-in-law). I just don't get the appeal of waiting out forever and then smooshing each other for an item!!

I much prefer cyber monday and shop from the comfort of my own home (and PJs!!). Though I gotta say it's fun to see what my husband and the brother-in-law brings back :p

8. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have learned about Black Friday just the other day. Whoa, the crowd can be unruly at times that shoving and pushing would sometimes lead to a brawl. We don't have Black Friday here but if ever we would have that I don't think I would risk my well being in joining the unruly crowd. We now have online shopping and there are also big discounts in some sites (I wouldn't mention it here because it may be local to us only).

9. jessicazi

jessicaziNew Member

Threads:
    What I like Black Friday is that things will be cheaper, but what i dislike is that slow delivery and maybe there is problems about the products.

10. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not too concerned about Black Friday. Prices might well be low but I don't want to have to deal with any pushing, shoving or long queues in stuffy stores. Friday is usually my grocery shopping day but I'll be going on Thursday this time around, especially to avoid Black Friday.

11. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just think that

is not the shopping day it once was due to online shopping. I may have to go out that day and go to the Mall, because I have some gift certificates that are about to expire. i am not looking forward to it really because the crowds and traffic are apt to be unreal. I might go Saturday instead. It is hard to find a parking place, maybe later in the day would be better when people are going home..conundrum.

12. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I love the concept of Black Friday but I don't like the line ups, crowds, pushing, shoving and trying to find parking. I know there are some great deals to be had but it's about finding them. Even the pressure to buy online is a bit much. I did a bit of searching and couldn't find any deals I was interested in. I've never gone down to the States to shop on Black Friday. I've had friends who go religiously and love it.