Blackberry Might Be Creating An Android Device

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by troutski • Jun 13, 2015.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A recent memo and report mentioned that Blackberry is considering a switch to Android OS. BlackBerry's two main problems have always been a hobbled BlackBerry OS and a lack of devices with powerful hardware. They fixed the hardware issues with a couple of great smartphones, and moving to Android would fix the weaknesses of BlackBerry OS. It'd give consumers another option for the Android platform, and BlackBerry knows a thing or two about security and messaging.

2. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I think that would be pretty cool if they did move over to Android, but then what would the phones look like? I've never had a Blackberry, to me they didn't seem like the best phones. I can't imagine a phone that would be both Blackberry and Android. I think it might be good. If they made a phone that looked like a blackberry and just ran exactly like an Android, then that would be a cool phone. I've had two Android phones and honestly, they were good phones. I'm not huge fans of them, but this might be a cool phone that they would be able to come up with. I think that more Blackberry's would be able to sell.

3. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    About time to give up their obsolete OS in the favour of a more neat OS. Their decision is really predictable from a point of view since they haven't run on profit for quite some time now, and if they stayed with their way of doing business until now, they would really be just like Kodak once got in the point of bankruptcy.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not that the operating system is obsolete. The operating system is fine, but a lack of apps is killing its potential, and a move to Android solves that problem immediately. As for the devices themselves, BlackBerry has created some of the most iconic smartphones ever made (though that was years ago). The company has built some high-end devices that were popular for years, and the look of the devices wouldn't change with an OS swap.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am kind of shocked that they don't already have a device out?? I know that Blackberries have been very popular in the past, and a lot of people still use them, along with other android devices. It is the same situation with windows phones where the operating system is ok, but the lack of apps is killing its potential. If this works out for Blackberry, then I think Nokia should look into this.