BlackBerry phones have no appeal to me

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Apr 30, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know what's up with some people, but Blackberry phones simply have no appeal to me. Most of their phones have a qwerty keyboard that takes up a lot of space which results to very little room for the screen. And even worse, they charge a very high price for their mobile phones! Maybe that's why they're on the decline.

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually like Blackberry phones. If the Blackberry wasn't in decline, I would definitely get one. I love the physical QWERTY keyword. I am still hoping that the company bounces back. Blackberries are also very durable for business use too.

3. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I remember when they were very popular. I think that the touch screen phones sort of took over. I never like them i felt they were very small and didn't have enough features and basically it looks like a plain basic boring phone. People mostly used them for email messages and news. I just think that the blackberry is something that business professionals use mostly.

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, business people are very into the design of BlackBerry because of its qwerty keyboard. But, I'm also in the business world. I'm an accountant but the qwerty keyboard does not do it for me. I find it easier to use the touch screen keyboard because of the swipe features. Actually, blackberry has even released its own version of a touch screen phone. But I don't know how well that went though.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate the Iphone and the Android. Both status phones, they're really not impressive to me. I don't have a blackberry anymore.. gave it up to try the others and I will happily return to my Blackberry when I can. QWERTY is the way to go.. touch screens are absolutely ridiculous. My last Blackberry was the best phone I ever had. It was SO durable and did everything necessary and did it well. These touch screen only phones are more a pain than anything, I'm constantly annoyed with mine and leave it at home.

6. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    The design of it doesn't appeal to me as well, but I believe it's a nice phone, just not to my liking.
    I don't use phones much, I just use it to call people, so I don't see a use for a better phone.

7. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I am the same. I can't seem to like the compact qwerty keyboard on those things, and the design is always ugly. Not that i like touchscreen phones either, i think i just go with the usual old design.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the smart design of the blackberry, although I haven't had the chance to own one, but I'm considering buying one in the future. I dislike touch screen phones, so if the phone has a keypad or qwerty design then I would go for it.

9. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I LOOOOOVED my blackberry it was 10000 times more reliable than my stupid iphone. When this contract is up I"m thinking of going to the new blackberry touch screen phone. I played around with it at the phone store the other day and it's pretty sharp.

10. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    Are you judging Blackberry using one model or what? I know of blackberry phones with big screen and without a physical qwerty keyboard.. Have you tried Blackberry Z10?.. I can tell you that this will completely change your view on this brand.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I had this problem with the original BlackBerry as well. I didn't like small screen but yet I still liked the keyboard it had. I checked out your suggestion and if I read the specs correctly, I believe it doesn't have a physical keyboard anymore and all I can say is that I wish they would have gotten to a better solution than just turning it into a fully touch screen smart phone. If I wanted a smartphone, I'd just stick to the ones who specialize in it, but it does look good though I have to admit. Do you own one and do you feel it is a lot better than other smartphones?

12. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Blackberry phones are perfect for businessmen and businesswomen in the corporate world. The design goes well with their corporate outfit. It's really not for the hipsters of this generation. It looks serious for my taste as well.

13. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    I am a Black Berry User and it is the perfect device for businessmen. However you should try using the model Z-10 and I am sure you would change your mind.

14. mansawalta

mansawaltaMember

Threads:
    I have never really liked blackberry and over the years would rater have a nokia 3310 over a blackberry anyday......but recently i have had a change of heart.....i think that blackberry had it right all along.....theyare smartphones that enhance communication and let you do business and the very important aspects of communication.....Lately there have been a whole load of phones that are basically immulating computers and have completeley unnecessary features and really keep you busy as opposed to help you focus on business.....i am really contemplating getting rid of my samsung galaxy for a blackberry

15. maurovis

maurovisNew Member

Threads:
    I would say that Blackberry does have some ground to make up when it comes to going up against the iphone or the new wave of smartphones, but Blackberry was initially designed for businesses and only branched out to recreational use down the road. They have managed to put out some great phones in my opinion, the 9900 is still one of my favorite all time phones.

16. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    The main reason I want to stay away from blackberry still is that the company is always seeming to border on bankrupt. I don't want to get into a 2 year contract with blackberry and then have them go kaput.

17. christoJ

christoJNew Member

Threads:
    I too don't like the qwerty keyboard model by Blackberry. But recently they have released their touch screen keyboard model (z10) too. The reason for the decline of Blackberry though is not mainly because of the design but because of the RIM issues that affected many business people. Because of their service issues business people started moving out to other service providers and that lead to decline of their handsets sales too.