Blog contests?

Discussion in Contests & Sweepstakes started by Shoplady • Aug 2, 2014.

1. Shoplady

ShopladyMember

Threads:
    I have heard these are a great way to win prizes. A lot of blogs offer giveaways from time to time and give a prize to someone who comments or something similar. Some of them I've seen didn't look like they had tons of comments so it appears the chance of winning one of these is pretty decent.

Has anyone here won one?

I wish there were a way to find out about these blog giveaways though, I am not sure how I'd find them while they are going on, I just seem to stumble across them from time to time.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to win a few things from blog contests back in 2007. But now it seems like everyone knows about them and there's more competition, so I haven't actually won anything from a blog contest in 2 years. All the blog contests I see lately have 2,000-3,000 comments competing for the same prize.

Essay or video contests have better odds because most people won't bother to make a video.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's possible to win something in a blog contest but if winning requires that you spend a lot of time trying to win the prize, then there wouldn't be a point in participating in such competitions. If the competition is fair though and it's all a matter of chance that determines whether you win something or not, then entering such a competition would be okay.

That said, I almost won a prize in a posting competition a little while back. That's why I'm sure there's a probability you can win.

4. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    The advertising platform that I have joined in for my blog offers blog contests every month but I never bothered to join because I know there's just too many competitors for the prize. They usually send an email informing me of the topic to write on and whoever wins get to take home whatever prize they have in store for that month, however, I only end up deleting the invites and just focus on writing for my blog instead. :)

5. lolo

loloMember

Threads:
    I often join blog contests to win gifts and actually got some best gifts recently,it's never too boring to join in those activities,saving money and having fun

6. beasleym1989

beasleym1989Member

Threads:
    I have won once off of a blog contest. There were very low entries so I had a good shot. The problem that I run into is that there are so many people entering blog contests now that my odds of winning are too low for me to even enter. I have tried finding some blogs that constantly have low entries, but I'm just not having any luck. Sometimes I will search giveaways on Facebook and a lot of those seem to have lower entries and may be a better spot to enter.

7. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't done anything like this for a long time. I don't really have time to engage in most contests. I need to know that I'm going to get paid for my work, not just take a chance.

There are lots of other types of contests, including writing contests, which those of you who enjoy this type of thing might want to enter. The requirements, as well as the prizes, vary.

I do think there is a ton of competition these days, so if I were going to do it, I'd be looking for the less popular ones to try. Time is money after all. I could be using the time spent in contests to earn guaranteed money. That's just me. If it's fun for you, you should go for it.

8. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have not paid attention enough to blog contests but have come across websites with prizes to be worn depending on the activity. I am usually allergic to games of chance since they end up costing more than view can recoup. I recently registered with a PTC site that has a unique bonus daily with a chance of winning 10 dollars daily and the probability of winning is high.

9. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Being as I am not actively blogging at this time, I don't think this is something I would be interested in, but as long as it doesn't cost any money to enter, being in a blog contest may not be a bad idea. It can not hurt.

10. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I have won a few blog contests, most of them were fairly small prizes. Blog contests are generally easier to win because there are less entrants than contests from larger, national companies that frequently advertise their contests and have a lot of traffic to their website anyway. However, some blogs that I have won prizes from never sent me the prize and didn't really care when I emailed them 10 weeks later to tell them about it. I try to stick with only the most reputable blogs that other followers claim to have received their prizes in the past.

11. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know of any particular site that offers a list of blog sites that offer prizes. I know I am a part of this one site that will ask for an answer to a poll question or to tweet an answer. I have never won in this type of contest. The one I am on has a lot of people responding so that could be the reason why I have not won.

12. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    I was not a fan of the blog rewards in past, because I never won anything.

I know that some pages have something called Gleam and I participate in any opportunity that gives away technology, smartphones, and gadgets. I have nothing to lose and rewards are quite nice. I still did not earn anything or won any price but I am hoping to win something one day.

They ask the simple things like commenting, or blog sharing or social media commenting - it is very easy, fun and many pages organize these and similar contest weekly.

You can easily find the Gleam reward opportunities on Twitter, they are very popular and people love to participate.

13. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    There was a time when I used to participate on every blog contests that I qualified to join. I never won any contents, therefore, I gave up. These days, I don't participate any kind of contents. Winning a contest is just a matter of luck, winning percentage is so low.

14. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I won few here and there. Sometimes it was easy while other times the competition was stiff. I've never really seen or participated in a luck based contests. It's always been hard work.

15. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Several years in ago especially in my early years of blogging in which I was beginning to make myself aware on what's going in blog world. I was trying to make my own blog known by joining some group of bloggers and even joining their contest to receive a give-aways. I tried to join in online writing contest by writing review of the product. I didn't make it to the top prizes but I only received the consolation prize. After that I never joined any online contest anymore.

16. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    Enter a few blog competitions but never won anything unfortunately. I'm sure there are some sites out there that have lists of all current ongoing blog competitions and help you to enter easily. You will have to be careful though as some will most likely be fake and just there to get personal information out of you which they can then sell on

17. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I do visit several blogs daily the fact is I hardly check for contests. I have dabbled into a few contests on blogs and sites. I'm really not out for them because the chances of winning one could be very slim. I am more occupied with the information I am looking for on site. Again though a few of such contests have mouth watery prices but some others the win is not too thrilling.