BluApple - it works!

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by workingmama • Sep 13, 2012.

1. workingmama

workingmamaNew Member

Threads:
    BluApple is a little egg shaped gadget that is supposed to help keep your fruit and veggies fresher longer. That is the selling point emphasized in commercials, briefly mentioned is that it also keeps away those annoying little flies that fresh fruits and veggies attract.

All summer long and into the fall I battle those obnoxious little flies. I have tried ever home remedy under the sun for getting rid of them - none of which worked long term. When I saw the BluApple advertised I was skeptical, but ready to try it. Within days of getting it and putting it in place - in a bowl full of fresh picked tomatoes - it worked. No more annoying little flies hovering all over the veggies!

Does it help keep the foods fresher longer? That's hard to say, fresh fruit and vegetables don't last very long around my house. But it does work for the flies. We've been using it for 3 months now and it still works. :D

2. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    What's the science behind this thing? How does it work?

3. nefsyn

nefsynNew Member

Threads:
    That's awesome! I wonder how it works, I will definitely be checking into this, so I don't have to worry about my veggies rotting all the time now. Haha :D

4. workingmama

workingmamaNew Member

Threads:
    It works by absorbing the ethylene gas that fruits and vegetables give off. According to their site it uses Zeolite which is form of volcanic ash to absorb the gasses. Here's their
    pdf for more information -

Their site says it lasts for 3 months and then you have to refill it. Now I refilled ours about 2 weeks before the 3 months were up because flies were starting to appear. After refilling it, no problems again. But we also had a lot of tomatoes and other garden veggies out during that time too.