Blue Snowball Ice Microphone

Discussion in Product Reviews started by thatnewmommy • Mar 6, 2015.

1. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    Of the microphones for different types of recording I have heard extremely positive reviews of the Blue mics. I heard the Blue Yeti is probably the best because you can switch between different mic types. It's a bit pricey because of this and not only too much for me, it was more than I need. I just needed a cardioid mic. Blue makes a simple one of these called Snowball and Snowball iCE. Since the Radio Shacks are closing, they slowly have been marking down their prices. My partner bought me the Snowball iCE at a little over 50% off (which almost anything at 50% is a good deal in my book;)).

Anyway, I tested it yesterday and it IS a cleaner sound. While I'm recording I have to keep my two year old king busy so I put on Thomas or Mickey. But then I have to go to another roomso the mic won't catch the cartoon sound. Then I keep running back and forth to make sure he's okay and doesn't need me. LOLOL

With the Snowball, I recorded...TECHNICALLY it's the same room, but it's one of those large rooms that has a living room and kitchen section. Know what I mean? There's no fourth wall dividing the rooms. So he was in the living room half and I was in the dining half. LOL Well, I recorded and got no sound at all from the cartoons in the recording. I ADMIT, it sounds like I'm talking through a telephone but my partner says it may have been because I didn't use the sound recording software and used the less technical one. BUT, I can now record without leaving my king nor doing any jogging. ;):)

Have you tried the Blue mics?