Book Early And Save A Lot

Discussion in Travel started by Tribie • Sep 11, 2013.

1. Tribie

TribieMember

Threads:
    I have noticed that some airlines offer huge discounts when you book and pay for your plane ticket months in advance. Do any of you do this in order to save money? My friends family booked themselves last January for a trip last month and they save over 50%.

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah almost all airlines offer deals for booking in advance and paying in advance. Me and my husband did ours last year we booked about 3 months ahead and got a 55 percent discount and got some hotel deals as well.

3. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    There is an airline here in our country that also offer a huge discount if you will buy a ticket now but can be used early next year. A lot of people are buying because they can save money because of it. The price is almost half of the original. I think if your planning on a vacation, it's better to buy the tickets earlier.

4. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah we always book way in advance because of the discounts we get. I love looking for holiday deals :). The only problem for me is when we book way in advance is I get fed up of waiting, :D. I also end up buying to many things to take with me, :D

5. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I have noticed that this is the case not only with airlines, but also with things like train tickets. However, if you're booking online, you should always clear your cookies if you ever go back to a page, because it remembers what you've viewed in the past and will nudge the price up a little bit. So always be aware of that. I saved £40 just by doing that alone, and that's a lot of money to me!

6. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    For those travelling this coming holiday season its always best to buy your tickets months in advance. The reason being once a flight is booked to a certain level then the price per seat starts to rise. That means the less people have booked a particular flight the more likely it is the ticket price is lower. Also if you want to save on ticket prices look at using another airport. In certain cities there are a couple of airports within driving distance from each other. Usually the price from one airport to the next will differ so check the prices if you use an alternate airport.

7. coolaaryan777

coolaaryan777New Member

Threads:
    This is the perfect way to get the discount offers from the airlines. The different airline companies are give the discount offer for advance booking of tickets. Lot of peoples are grab this offer by book the tickets in advance with huge discounts.

8. bonniea

bonnieaMember

Threads:
    That's true for more than just airlines. Cruises are another travel experience that you can save big if you book in advance. Sometimes as much as six months in advance gets you the best discounts. You just have to be careful because sometimes advanced tickets are non-refundable. If you end up not going on a non-refundable ticket you have not only not saved money but it has cost you money. Generally if you need to reschedule or re book, they charge you the current rate, which also negates the discount.

9. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    All airlines offer a huge discount for the booking and I think many peoples saved money through this offer but I think if you want to cancel the booking due to some problems airlines company deduct your money..

10. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I did that when I had to fly back from college one year. Now, that isn't really an option as I can't guarantee that I can get days off until the very last minute, so flying somewhere would be out of the question even if I had the money. It's really hard to make travel plans at all for me, so I just don't travel because I can't put my family in that position of last minute plans.