Book Fair

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Sunflogun • Jun 12, 2015.

1. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    This weekend I went to a book fair with my family and we got great prices on books naturally. Just to give you an idea, I managed to buy 4 books for the price of one so I don't know if I got lucky or it's just the way it is, it had been a while since I was at a book fair.

Do you make great deals too at book fairs?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The books fairs I've attended . . .

. . . the books had a discount slapped on them making them slightly cheaper than they were in bookstores. What I liked about them [the book fairs] most is they had some rare books which one would probably not find in many bookstores.

Definitely worth attending if you are a book-lover.

3. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I was unaware that there were book fairs that happened outside of schools. Where do you find information on these. This seems like a really great way to grab some deals.

4. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    The only times that I attended a book fair was when I was younger, elementary school through to middle school. The books seemed to be pretty overpriced though because I'd check other places and it would be a lot cheaper. I also worked at one and I was told to tell the customers that we had the best prices, so that was a little bothersome.

5. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    There is always a book fair happening here in my place every month of September. All popular book shops in my country participate and they would often give out awesome deals. I really love attending these kinds of events. Really a good way to save some money as well for book lovers like me. :)

6. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I was another one who went to book fairs through school as a youngster, and I’ve never run across one outside of schools. The closest thing I’ve ever seen is the occasional library book sale, which I used to love but haven’t attended in ages. But I’d definitely check out book fairs if we had any!

7. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen an actual book fair outside of an elementary school in many years now. It seems like they're dying out as people switch to ebooks or simply stop going to fairs for their books and other media. Still, I'm sure a few dozen of them run in the county each year. I don't doubt that you can find deals there, but Amazon probably has very similar pricing for the same items, which is why I'll stick to placing my orders online for books and other media.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only know of book fairs that happen in grade school and in high school. I bought a few items from those events. Right now, I just prefer to download ebooks rather than buy books, since books can be quite costly and they take up space too.

9. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't been to a book fair in a long time. There's this bookstore in the mall close to where i live, they sell those used books but they're normally in a really good condition and the price is really fair for a used book. I used to go there all the time but now I've been reading ebooks.