Book Genres

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by lizzief79 • Sep 28, 2014.

1. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    I read every day. It is something that I enjoy and it clears my mind of anything stressful in my life. I have a huge selection of books at home, although most of them probably fit into the same genre. They are usually books aimed at women that are also written by women. Generally, I opt for light reading, such as romance with a hint of comedy. Of course, I do have other options for different moods. Do you stick to the same genre of book or do you read a diverse scope of genres?

2. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I like reading different genres, but lately, I have been reading a lot of mystery books, almost exclusively novels by Agatha Christie. I also like reading self-help books. My favorites, though, would be mystery, history and fantasy.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My tastes have changed with time. When I was a boy, I used to like adventure stories, moved onto mystery novels/whodunnits, romance came next and then humor, followed by horror and finally at my age, children's books which I never read when I was young, stole my heart. Currently I read only children's books. Most people think adults shouldn't read such books but we can't all do the same thing, else the world would be a pretty boring place.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like several genres; chick lit when I need to relax, non-fiction history and philosophy books, supernatural and fantasy books, classics and cookbooks. The only ones I don't read are romances or horror. I like the odd biography, but not memoirs which I find are trumped up diaries. I kept all my books from University so I have bookcases and boxes of books which I don't intend giving away.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am an avid reader and read every single day, too. I only ever used to read suspense thrillers and still like the genre. However lately I am spending more time and money on lighter reads, specifically interracial romance stories. It's funny because I used to hate romance, especially because when I was younger my dad would be on my case about reading "useless" romance stories. He's a proper book snob and prefers genres that to me are mind numbingly boring. Lately though, I've gone back to romance and especially enjoy interracial romance. I like that with advances in modern technology, I can buy ebooks and read them on my kindle.