Book of Life

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Shana • Oct 17, 2013.

1. Shana

ShanaMember

Threads:
    So I've got a though question for everyone...

Let's say someone left a book at your house and you start reading it only to find out it is the book of your life. Your entire life, even the parts you haven't gotten to yet. What do you do? Do you continue to read the book to it's end? Do you put it down?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd read it.

3. Shana

ShanaMember

Threads:
    So why would you read it? Wouldn't that ruin the future for you? What if something really bad was about to happen? And what if there was no way you can change it?

This is meant to be a thought provoking question that can turn into a discussion, so let's discuss.

4. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Well, if it was "the book" why would i stop? I would read it and keep it. And if the owner ever came back to get it, i would buy a copy for myself. I don't see what is the problem of this question.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sorry about that.. I was in a rush lol. I would read it because I know.. sorry.. my truth is that nothing is set in stone and the future can't be known. So I would read it out of curiosity. If anything started coming true, I could use what I read to change my path (if it's bad that is) because again, nothing is set in stone.

6. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I would put it down. I would not want to know my future because if it's something I don't like I will try to change it. The future is not something that can be accurately predicted and even if you know what's coming does not mean it can be prevented. A lot of people would argue with this, but if you think about it ask yourselves this: Would you really be able to prevent it if you knew it was going to happen?

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I would burn the darn thing. I know what happened in my past. I don't need to read about it. I don't believe that the future is set in stone. The future is what you make of it. For better or worse, you choices and actions determine your fate.

Plus, I am trying to embrace the idea that life is an adventure.