Book Recommendations Needed

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Denis Hard • Mar 5, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Does anyone here enjoy reading ghost stories? I've been looking around the net for good "ghost story" books but the few I got, though the blurbs claimed they were true ghost stories were [obvious] fictional stories. Since my thirst [for ghost stories] isn't yet quenched, can any of you recommend some good "true ghost" story books or story collections?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How about Anne Rice? She doesn't write authentic ghost stories but her writing has an organic feel. It really draws you in, as if you too are part of and living the plot. I'm not really fond of true ghost stories. I can put up with a few Stephen Kings and R.L. Stines, though. You may find what you're looking for in this list:

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really do this genre. But I've heard of Anne Rice and I've heard very good things about her work. I thought she was more like a romance author, though? Unless maybe she crosses over and does more than one genre.

4. Flowerpower

FlowerpowerMember

Threads:
    The Witches of Mayfair by Anne Rice is a trilogy of books which feature a ghost, I highly recommend it. The creepy factor is very high though so you might not want to read it in the dark.
    Also check out the Books of Blood by Clive Barker. These are my favorite horror stories, you will not be disappointed.

5. Megan888

Megan888Member

Threads:
    If you want real ghost stories then you need to make sure you are looking for non-fiction type books. Although I am not into this genre, here are a few I can suggest:

Haunted Places:The National Directory by Dennis William Hauck
    Ghostly Encounters by Frances Kermeen
    Coast to Coast Ghosts by Leslie Rule
    I Never Believed in Ghosts Until...100 Real Life Encounters by USA WEEKEND

Good luck! Definitely an interesting genre!

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I'm actually more into fiction and really don't know much about books on real ghost stories. But you might be interested in these novels:

1. The Shining by Stephen King
    2. Midnight by Dean Koontz
    3. Psycho by Robert Bloch
    4. Black Lighting by John Saul
    5. Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill
    6. The Ruins by Scott Smith
    7. Any book from H.P. Lovecraft