Book Swapping

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by steph84 • May 12, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Hey everyone. I use swap.com to trade books for free (well you just pay the postage and can earn free postage by referring friends). You just list all of the books that you are willing to trade or swap with other people and the site will tell you which books you can get for free. It's a pretty awesome site and you can also list your DVDs and video games. I would trade my book for video games and have been using the site for years. Thought I'd share so you can check out what you can get for free!

2. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tip! We love books, and have way too many that we are through reading just lying around. I will have to check this out, maybe compare this to how we'd do reselling them at our local used bookstore. One of our local Starbucks has a book-lending shelf. You can bring in a book you've read and leave it there and trade it for another book from their shelf. I have found a couple of interesting new books that way.

3. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Books are expensive here in Spain, so many shops and market stalls operate a book exchange system. Basically, you pay 1 or 2 Euro for your first book, then when you've read it, you take it back and exchange it for another, paying 50 cents or 1 Euro for the swap. There are a group of us with the same tastes in reading, so we pass our books around, and the last one to read it pays for the exchange. This means that we get to read 3 or 4 books for the price of one exchange. It's a great system, and it's an extra income stream for the stall holders and shopkeepers.

4. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing! I would love to swap some of the books that I have. At one point in my life, I used to rent books that I wanted to read because I only read them once. I only buy books that I know I would read over and over again. Even so, there are some that I wouldn't touch for the second time because they were not up to my expectations or they were over-rated. I will have to check if swap.com works internationally.

5. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    Do they have childrens books here? I have been getting my kids some new books lately, but they are expensive at the store and I want to avoid paying this high cost the stores charge!

6. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing. I've heard of the site but I wasn't aware that you could trade the books for DVDs and games too. That's really interesting. I've been meaning to get rid of some of my books (they are taking up too much space) so I'm definitely going to check this out.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the information, I will have to look into this site. I have a few books I would not mind moving on to someone else. I don't read books more than once. It would be nice to get a DVD or a new book for an old book.

8. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I would love to do this, but since you have to pay to ship your book I'd have to wait until I had some extra cash to spare. This would be a good way to get rid of excess books that I have lying around and get some books that I have been wanting! Thanks!

9. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks! I will say, though, that I highly doubt I'm going to get rid of any of the books I own. I purchased my books for a reason and I like to read them. If I ever come across Karl Marx's "Das Kapital" I will definitely give it to someone - I'll even pay for the shipping! Again, thank you for the website.

10. classy_ally

classy_allyMember

Threads:
    Thanks for the information! I love to read books and really like to save money. What is your link so you can get the referral? I am definitely signing up.

11. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I have never used that particular site, but I've used others and it's a really great idea. You still have to pay for shipping, of course, but that's better than buying the book or game for full price.