Bookdepository

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Mafdet • Mar 7, 2014.

1. Mafdet

MafdetMember

Threads:
    If you are a fan of reading, you might like the online store thebookdepository.co.uk. They have free delivery worldwide and all sorts of promotions. They also have books in Italian, Spanish, French, you name it. I recommend it.

2. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    Bookdepository has plenty of books:D, definitely everybody would find there a book to read for the weekend. I also like abebooks (com or co.uk), I think you will find there more discounted books:D

3. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    Do they also ship to North America? If they do then I would very interested in this site. Thanks for sharing, I'll check it out.

4. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I came across the book depository last November. I wanted to get my Dad a book. It was not in stock where I usually shop so after googling. The book depository had it and for cheaper than I had seen it anywhere else.They gift wrapped it and sent it straight to my Dad. Efficient, fuss free service. Affordable too.

5. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of this site before. Do they have kids books? My oldest son, 12, really needs to be reading more but the books he likes are so expensive. With Summer vacation coming up I would love to get him a few books to read that he will enjoy.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have bought a book from bookdepository last year, and it arrived at my home after 3 weeks. Well my only minor complaint is that the book's cover had fine scratches all over on the front and back cover, although the book isn't deformed at all. It just hints that the book was probably rubbed on flat but smooth areas, hence the scratches. Apart from that, the pages and the book's condition was in pristine condition.

7. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    I like to read. However i found an easier method to enjoy my books. Audio Books. Audio books deliver a better, and more enjoyable experience to me. I feel i enjoy the book more when i can just relax, and listen. I avoid the strain on my eyes that reading an actual book would cause.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Free shipping worldwide? Doesn't that mean that the books will be just a little bit more expensive than a traditional e-copy of the book? I suppose the site would work best for book collectors but I'll give it a try in future and see if it's better than getting books from e-bay.

9. Mafdet

MafdetMember

Threads:
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm glad to see that you guys had pleasant experiences with this site. I'm interested to find out about other similar sites. If you happen to stumble upon one, please share your experience.

10. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    I know for sure that on the international version of abebooks, you can choose your book to be shipped worldwide. I mostly buy books from abebooks.co.uk, it`s closer to my country, so the shipping is discounted with few euros.

11. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I waited one month for a book, because wasn`t available on the stock at the moment of my order, so it happens quite often:)
    If you haven`t chosen to buy an used book, which are naturally cheaper and tarnished, your book should be in good condition. Make sure you will write to customer support, when similar flaws appear, they usually choose to refund, to avoid losing a customer