Books For 10 Year Olds

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by DrRipley • Aug 2, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've recently gotten more into reading books and I find it to be very fun and fulfilling. Discovering it's joy now kind of makes me wish I had been able to start with it sooner, which is why I want to buy some books for my nephews and nieces so they could at least have some type of literature they could go to and pick up when they are ready. That said, I'd love to hear some recommendations for some books I could maybe pick up or download for kids 10 years old and above.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember when I was around 10 adventure stories were the sort that I found really interesting. Kids everywhere want to experience something out of the ordinary and adventure stories would be great for them. I don't know if girls would like the same thing but what I'll recommend are books for boys.

You can never go wrong with Willard Price's Adventure Series books.

The best among them IMO is the South Sea Adventure. It's a great book.

3. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    Jim Carrey has released a book for children, and apparently it's quite good.
    I found out about this, because Jim seems to be quite a good friend of Eckhart Tolle, a guy I sometimes like to ear speak.

It's a story about a wave, and it explains children about humanity's interconnectedness...
    I'll probably order this for myself in the future.

4. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    I am reading Charlotte's Web to my boys, the oldest is seven, though, I think that that might still be age appropriate.

Harry Potter, the series is potentially just beyond their reach, but also might be a good fit...at least the early stories.

The Chronicles of Narnia and Lord of the Rings are also excellent stories for kids because they let them play with their imaginations and give them food for their growing minds. I've always had a special place in my heart for these series because it is what my father used to read me as a child.

5. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    When I was a kid I use to love the Judy Blume book series and Frances the hedgehog lol. There are alot of books for preteens that you can google and easily buy online like Amazon. There are books that can be gotten for like 4th, and 5th graders ( who are usually around 10) and you can see what titles they have for the grade level also.