Bookshout

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by DancingLady • Sep 13, 2014.

1. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I got this app called bookshout that sends you an email every weekday for a free ebook. I have gotten a few of them, but I don't care for many of the titles. Anyone else use this app? I've noticed most of the books are Christian fiction which I do not often read because unfortunately, even though I am a Christian myself, I find that Christian writers often aren't very good writer, and even in fiction they are often trying to push some of their personal opinions through the story, and I often have a different opinion.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard of the app but judging from your experience using it, I don't think it would be helpful to many people except the few who are religious fanatics. Fiction writers shouldn't try too hard to "preach" in their stories. Shouldn't they learn from One who used stories [parables] to teach others about life and what was expected of His followers?

I'd rather stick to getting my books free from sites like manybooks.net if all books Bookshout offers are Christian fiction.