Boots

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chiofthenorns • Oct 7, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I love wearing boots. However, living in a tropical country makes this somehow impractical. I used to wear boots all the time, but people would always stare. I don't know why. Perhaps, they are not used to someone wearing boots here in my country. Anyway, I really like Riding Boots because they look amazing on me. Do you like wearing boots, too? Where do you buy them?

2. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I wear boots all the time here in Puerto Rico. If it's a really hot day it might look weird. Usually tropical climates have a rainy season and a dry season, I tend to wear boots more in the rainy season. Most of our stores are American so we get a lot of boots on the fall here. So there's a lot of people who wear them.

3. MrsWilson2012

MrsWilson2012Member

Threads:
    I definitely have a love of boots. Luckily for me, I live in Kentucky, where boots are stylish AND practical. I have several styles of cowgirl boots, a pair of Sheepskin boots (similar to Uggs), lots of work-boots... you get the picture. I love riding boots, as they work well with ANY body type, and so many different outfits. My favorite thing about fall is that everyone starts wearing boots!!

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in a relatively hot country so I don't have need for big heavy boots. Just if there is heavy rain or very cold I pick up my CAT boots. They are over 10 years now, but still in great condition, I feel that they are going to last me for life.

5. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I only wear boots when it snows, and then I only wear them outside. I do not like how hot my feet get as soon as I am inside. Ugg boots were really popular for a while but I never though they were comfortable. It always felt like I was having to drag the boot around to walk and my feet just sweat like crazy. I have a better pair of snow boots now, but I still hate to have to wear them.

6. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    In the fall and winter I wear boots every day. I have ankle boots, knee high and over the knee in varying heel heights. I like to usually wear them in neutral leathers so that I have the most outfit options with them. I like the fact that boots are easy to get on and off but can really pull together an otherwise uninspired outfit. I but my boots from all kinds of places, generally I will buy them in store but sometimes I order from zappos.com.

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have several kinds of boots, ankle boots that I can wear all around the year, knee high ones really for autumn and winter and Timberlands for hiking and winter. I do like wearing them as they protect my feet more than heels and flats. I can run around and walk much faster in them and they support my feet more. I prefer zips to laces as I can't tie them tightly and zips are easy on and off.

8. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I LOVE wearing boots but like you , we live in a state that is very hot most of the time. Even when our winter rolls around it still is just to hot. I do have a few pairs that I try to wear when the temperature drops to 50. ;) That's about it for the boot weather here. I do buy them at Payless though... I figure why spend a lot of money on something I'm only going to wear a few times a year...

Danyel :)

9. Melissast

MelissastActive Member

Threads:
    I wear boots all the time. I love the feel of them and the way they look, but other people seem to think I'm crazy for wearing them some times. I always get me a new pair of boots in the winter and then I wear them all the time. I don't know why they are things people think you should only wear in the winter, because some of them don't keep your feet any warmer then sneakers and you can wear them all year long.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't wear boots, not even when it was still a fad way back when I was a kid in the early 90's. Remember that Dr. Marten's was very much in style that time? Most of my classmates had boots as school shoes. Anyway, I think I will wear one only when boots become a fad, since they're good shoes for rainy days.

11. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I like boots in the fall and winter. They go with a lot of different styles. I don't really like wearing them when the weather is warm because they're too hot. I prefer slip ons, flats, or sandals when it's cool. Boots are a little bulky even though they are a good accessory.