Bottled Iced Tea

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Jan 30, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've tried a few brands of bottled iced tea and so far they all just taste too chemical for me or if they do taste brewed then they just still don't taste that good to me at all. I've tried Lipton and Nestea as well as some local brands and none of them really seem to hit the spot. I'm still looking for a good bottled iced tea I can just buy lots of and bring around with me during travel so I'm hoping to get some suggestions from here.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would recommend Sola iced tea. The drink comes in a variety of cool flavors like raspberry, peach and lemon. The bottle's pretty sturdy too with a cap capable of sealing tightly. I don't know if you've ever heard of this iced tea brand or if it's distributed in your country, but you'll enjoy drinking it. Bring it with you wherever you go if you must.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, I'm surprised you don't like Lipton iced tea, because I actually really like it :) Maybe you could make some of your own. I've heard it's quite easy to make and you get loads of recipes online too. I've never tried to make it myself though, so I don't have one to pass along.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Pokka is a Japanese company that makes many iced tea drinks using real brewed tea leaves, with less sugar as well. It's a really great brand but harder to come by outside of Asia.

5. zenfive

zenfiveMember

Threads:
    I really like Lipton, surprised you don't like it! I don't like Nestea that much however, it just doesn't take very natural. I haven't really tried very many other brands of ice tea, that might be more "natural". However I would love to try some. I suppose the best way would be to just try to make it yourself, that way you know all the ingredients that have gone into it.

6. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Best unsweetened bottles ice tea I ever drank before was bought by my younger brother is made by the company Tejava. The bottle I usually buy are the 1 liter glasses, which will last me for a whole day if I moderate in drinking it. The taste is simple but rich in flavor, it smells pleasant and not too strong, and it doesn't leave an aftertaste like most so-called unsweetened ice teas. Plus, Tejava tea has won three North American Tea Championships for the years 2011 to 2013, so it's well established now.

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite iced tea is Luzianne, but I've never seen it sold already brewed - they only sell the tea bags. Honestly though, you're much better off brewing your own iced tea than paying an arm and a leg for it already brewed. They charge nearly 4 dollars a gallon for it at the grocery stores where I live, and if you buy packs of bottled iced tea, it's even more. On the other hand, it only costs about $2 for a pack of Luzianne teabags at Wal-Mart, and one box can make six gallons of tea. We're talking $2 vs. $24 (6 gallons at $4 each), that's kind of a no brainer. Plus if you've got filtered water, like one of those Zero Water pitchers, and use that to brew your iced tea, it tastes even better.

8. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried many brands of already brewed tea, my mom says they are too commercial but there are ones that I swear by.
    There is this one called Gold Peak and I will buy that every time I am in the mood for already brewed tea. It comes it flavors but I usually just go with the sweetened tea
    Another one I like is Red Diamond, its a little more expensive so I don't buy it often but its really good.
    Last on I swear by is called Swiss Iced Tea, I even got my mom to say this one was good lol.

I never really liked Nestea, Brisk, Pure Leaf, Arizona, and some of the local brands here kinda suck too.
    But as far as brewing tea myself I go for Lipton or Luzianne