Box Office Mojo Temporarily Shut Down Inexplicably This Past Weekend

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by troutski • Oct 15, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Recently, movie revenue site BoxOfficeMojo shut down without explanation for two or three days. Most people assumed that Amazon had folded the website to force users to use IMDb Pro in order to access a smaller database of information. Some stated that the guy who oversees BOM had had a pay dispute with Amazon, which owns BOM. Either way, hundreds of analysts and thousands of movie fans use the site to look at historic and current box office data. The site is currently back online now, and has been for a couple days.

2. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I saw this too! I love going to Box Office Mojo to review past analysis of a film's domestic and international returns. I watch a lot of films from Germany as well. I go to Box Office Mojo to review a film's performance at the box office. I am elated to see the website is back again. I am not a big fan of IMDb at all. I find the website simplistic and boring. I know Amazon is a powerful conglomerate but don't consume all other separate websites with affiliations to Amazon. Let these websites stand on their own because not everyone will gravitate towards IMDb.