brand vs style

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by kitkat0124 • Sep 21, 2013.

1. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    In buying clothes what do you consider the brand or the style? (don't mind the price)

Most of the time I consider the style. I always look for clothes that I will be comfortable while wearing. It doesn't matter if it is branded or not. I know some people who prefer the brand than the style.

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Style first, but there are some brands that have a better build quality, so if I have to choose between two items that are similar, I go with the brand usually.

3. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMamaMember

Threads:
    I have to admit that brand means a lot to me. However, with that being said, I usually only buy brand name stuff when it's on sale and the price has dramatically dropped! I make sure to look in local thrift shops, flea markets, yard sales, etc. If it's in good shape, and a brand I like, I buy it! I sometimes buy things that are not name brand, but usually only if they have no print on them, or I really, really, REALLY fall in love with the style.

4. churchies

churchiesNew Member

Threads:
    Style of course! If it looks great/expensive/high quality and costs next to nothing I would wholeheartedly buy it, the price of shoes aren't determined by the materials but by the brand most of the time. I have found great looking shoes for 20-40 dollars whilst similar looking shoes of a famous brand such as Emporio Armani go up to 100+ dollars.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was a brand buyer mostly in my teens when I thought I had something to prove lol. Now it's only style. I actually despise most name brands because chances are good they've got sweatshops doing their dirty work. Until a company has proven they are ethical, I won't purchase from them.

6. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    If i look good with it and i like it I'd buy it. I will be better its also cheaper so the brand don't matter to me. In fact some of my shirts don't even have brands. My concern though is that I need it to be cotton since I'm allergic to silk and wool.

7. doney96

doney96Banned

Threads:
    I put style over brands but at the same time if l see something l like and it's a brand l will buy it if the price is decent, l will not pay stupid amounts of money for brand name products.

8. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends for me because once I find a brand that I like I start to love all the styles that it starts to come out with the fit however and how it looks on my body is extremely important but saying that the brand doesn't matter would be a lie from me.

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I much rather go for style instead of brand. The brand means nothing to me I like whatever I like brand or not. I like clothes that are comfy and look nice.

10. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The brand is important when I am considering purchasing clothing because there are brands which I trust because they offer a quality garments and fit. I will try new brands but I like to know the details and where it is made etc.

11. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I think the brand is important when purchasing clothes, but I prefer style over brand. When purchasing you always want to purchase something you will actually look good in. A brand can sometimes be a big deal depending on where you wear it.

12. 10theMCEE

10theMCEENew Member

Threads:
    Style it would be! This would dictate the comfort I will enjoy in rocking the outfit. My mom always reminds me not to mind the brand or price but invest in the comfort and 'wearability' of an item. It does not matter if it is expensive or not part of the latest trend as long as it gives you confidence and is functional.

13. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think i ever bought clothes because of the brand. I don't think i ever notice brand when buying clothes, it's usually what i like more.

14. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Quality is always first with me, but it's not one of the choices given. Between style and brand, I'll go with brand. Brands that have consistent quality. Style is important, but I like to purchase classic or timeless pieces.

15. tcfootwearcorp

tcfootwearcorpNew Member

Threads:
    I'm not a brand conscious person I prefer just style because if i like style of anything I just take it and I don't care about brand I just check its quality................

#15Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Of course I would consider the style first. Any brand of clothing would be useless, even if it's very expensive if that particular style doesn't suit you right?

17. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    I always go to Penshoppe, a local brand here in the Philippines when I shop. So needless to say, I go for brand first. I have always been into that brand because they have the latest trends in fashion yet they keep their price tag to a minimum.

18. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm all about style! I love brands like Zara and Topshop, but if the clothes are not my style it's as good as any. I go for style and quality, and I have found many clothing pieces for less than $20 at Forever 21 or H&M that are gorgeous and everyone compliments me every time I use them! I think it's all a matter of knowing what to choose and how you wear it.

19. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I definitely look for the style and comfort of the clothes over the brand. I always look for what is cheap and have never really purchased clothes that cost alot of money because of the brand. So many dollar stores have clothes now that look as good as the name brand clothes so for me it's a no brainer.

20. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    When I buy clothing I'll admit that I usually go for brand first and then the style. Though, I don't go for the "must-haves" and the "newest styles" that the brands offer, I usually just go to the for-sale section and you can find some amazing deals even with the brand names. I also go to the brand outlets and of course everything is at least %50-%70 cheaper, hence you save mountains of money. My limit is that I'd spend up to $10 on a piece of clothing, unless it's like a jacket or a sweater, then my limit goes up, but if it's every day wear, that is definitely my limit. You'd be amazed at the wonderful deals you can get.