Bread machine: Zojirushi BBCC-X20 is great !

Discussion in Product Reviews started by DontFan • Jun 3, 2012.

1. DontFan

DontFanMember

Threads:
    I love making bread at home and I have been for over 10 years. I have tried few bread machines and now use the Zojirushi and love it !
    The good things about it:
    * the right format, it is longer than deep, you can make both breads and cakes
    * it is very reliable, I am baking 3-5 times a week in it and have done that for months
    * The programing is simple, the basic recipes usually more than enough
    The not so good thing:
    * the paddles do not last as long as I would like, you have to replace them every year or so (depending of your utilization, mine is very high)
    * of course the recipes in the book are not really great, not a big issue for myself as I have created my own and love to explore
    So I strongly recommend this bread machine. Let me know if you agree !

2. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the info! I am in the market for a new bread machine. My old one just recently died on me.

3. New Mexico foodie

New Mexico foodieNew Member

Threads:
    I am way excited.....I picked up a hardly used x20 for $10 in our local thrift store today! I had resisted buying this model in the past because of the price......we are just about to enjoy a loaf of sourdough with soup.....smells so good!

4. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    I just got an old Welbilt ABM600 from my mom. I can't wait to give it a try. It only makes a 1lb. loaf, but that's enough one person. I love the idea of making my own bread so I thought I would try it out before deciding to invest in a better machine. I've never heard of brand that you have, but I will definitely look it up.

5. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, your machine looks like the real deal! I looked it up real quick.

L_5_zoji_bread_large.

6. New Mexico foodie

New Mexico foodieNew Member

Threads:
    Zojirushi bread machine

yes it it an amazing machine....it even makes Lasagna or Meatloaf believe it or not!

7. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    Lasagna or Meatloaf. Okaaay...now I'm going to feel pathetic using my jurassic bread oven, LOL! Oh well, I love fresh bread so that will have to do for now. But, I will definitely be upgrading as soon as it fits my budget. Happy BreadLasagnaMeatloafing!! :p

8. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How does it work? I've never used a bread machine before, I preferred making bread by hand when I used to make bread.

Do you put all the ingredients in the machine and the machine does all the work from there?

9. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, it makes bread-making almost a "set it and forget it" task. The only thing you really have to get right is the recipe. You put the main ingredients in for the dough, at some point (usually indicated with a sound) you can add any additional ingredients you want in the bread such as raisins, nuts, etc.

The machine mixes, kneads, and bakes all on its own. Depending on the make/model you can have all sorts of controls for different types of breads, etc. You can even use them to simply make the dough for pie crusts (including pizza), and different types of breads that require more handling and actual oven-baking (french breads, etc.). The machines are really for making loaves to completion, but they're great for automating certain stages of other things.