Broken Sizes

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chiofthenorns • Sep 6, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    When I go to bazaars or what we call tiangge here in the Philippines, many branded items are on sale because they are "broken sizes". Based on what I understand, these are the ones that don't get purchased overseas because they are too small or too big. Do you have these where you live? Are they cheap, too?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't know that. We are from the same country. All I know is that they are usually rejected for some reason, I just don't know what it is. I guess the reason is that they are of broken size then. I rarely come across thrift shops in my area, but I noticed that most of the clothes sold there are 2nd hand. Are those broken size clothes brand new?

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Hmm.

No, I've never heard of "broken sizes."

I do know that they sell off excess items quite frequently, though, such as when a season is over and they will drop everything from their current selections and sell it off elsewhere.

4. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Broken sizes in America are called 'irregular'. If you shop at places like Marshall's, you'll see items labeled in this way. And yes, they are marked down for quick sale.

Whenever I have gotten an 'irregular' product, it's usually okay. You just have to try the item on first to make sure the fit works well with your body. This is problem though with undergarments and pantyhose.