Brush your dogs teeth?

Discussion in Pets started by Mayvin • Jun 21, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    When I first heard of people brushing their dog's teeth I use to think it was ridiculous, but after trying those treats that are suppose to clean their teeth and finding that they don't really work as much as they say they do I decided to give brushing their teeth a try. My dogs' teeth were really starting to look bad and hearing about $800 dog cleaning bills I figured let my try teeth brushing. I found the only type that really works is an enzymatic toothpaste that keeps working after you finishing brushing and a brand called C.E.T really works well. Their teeth within a week looked so good, you would have thought they had them professionally cleaned. Anyone else brush their dog's teeth?

#1Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    We don't really.

We do use some of those treats to try to help keep them clean. I think if a dog has particularly dirty teeth or foul breath that it might be best to brush them manually anyway.

3. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Our dogs stays outside of the house and sometimes they go to my uncle's house to guard when my uncle and his family are away. We don't brush their teeth. Maybe if they stay inside the house then maybe we will of course but so far we have never done this.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No one has ever given me a good reason to brush my dog's teeth. Who brushes the teeth of all those wolves, wild dogs and others that are not domesticated? I think there are natural ways dogs clean their own teeth. That's why I'll never concern myself with getting their teeth brushed.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried brushing my dog's teeth yet, but I don't think I would do that unless my vet tells me to. I imagine it would be hard to do and tedious. I remember forcing my cat's mouth open when he was sick just to give him some medicine and it was quite a tough job, so how much more brushing your dogs teeth?