Bubber

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Gelsemium • Oct 9, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Any of you guys seen or given to your kids Bubber to play with? It's something similar to plasticine, but lighter and the kids love it, they can stay hours with it. At first I was not too impressed, but seeing how they love it, I am recommending it now to everyone.

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I feel a little behind on this one, I haven't even heard of it, so no, I haven't given it to anyone. It sounds interesting, but a lot of those types of things you can make yourself just as easily :).

3. Gelsemium

Threads:
    To be honest I haven't heard of this as well until my neighbor offered it to them. I don't think I could be able to replicate it though, it's something really unique and I am pretty sure they are making millions with it because kids love it.

4. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    We call it flubber, and yes I have tried it once, I used to make it at school once, although it's been many years since I played with it. It's certainly fun :) I can't remember exactly how you make it, but it involves borax, water and I think something else?

5. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Mmm, what I have it's just this green powder that can be shapped, we don't add water or anything. By the way, what's borax?? Anyway, they love to shape that stuff, I give them tupperwares and the kitchen roll and they can get entertained with that in the kitchen table for a good hour, not bad! :)

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Out of curiosity, I clicked this thread. I didn't know what on earth a bubber was until one comment brought to light that it's the same thing as a flubber and similar to a play doh or modeling clays. I used to receive colorful play doh and flubber sets from aunts and uncles during Christmas. I'd be happy to let my kids play with such a toy but they'll only be allowed when someone's supervising them. Children below five years old might accidentally eat it.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ah the Play-Doh like toys.. I also used to have that kind of clay when I was young but my mom disposed of it already, as expected. Even as a kid I never really enjoyed playing it because they were kinda oily, and I wasn't really into creating shapes and figures. I wonder if kids really enjoyed that type of toy, because I certainly didn't.

8. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I never knew this existed until now, when I was a kid I played with plasticine, it was pretty cool haha, but this is different because it's easier to shape. Of course that at the same time it's also harder to clean, but I guess we just want to see our kids happy. :)