Buger King Vs. McDonald

Discussion in Food & Drink started by ProForums777 • Sep 8, 2012.

1. ProForums777

ProForums777New Member

Threads:
    Burger King and McDonald's have been going at each other for a long while, but I feel that in the last couple of years they are holding back the competition. Does anyone know if they have made some type of back end deal where they are probably owned by same share holders or something? Well there is a nice BK coupon here, they should have one for McD as well.

2. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I think they are pretty balanced, although there is a slight advantage of Mc Donald's. Best of Mc Donald's is the "Big Mac": an icon of the chain, consisting of three slices of bread with sesame seeds, two beef patties, lettuce, cheddar cheese, pickles, onions rehydrated and secret sauce cucumbers base, which becomes a single sandwich. It´s a symbol of fast food. However, Burger King has something that stands out: the size of the burgers. In this way the picture doesn't lie. The bigger, the Quad Stacker comes with four medallions of beef, cheese, bacon, and Stacker sauce is as big as it seems. The cooking of meat is grilled, making it tastier. Each of these businesses has positive and negative things. Choose each, depends on a very personal taste.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Burger King's sandwiches are too big, and by that I mean too much bread. The Whopper is like all bread and hardly any meat. I do like their JR Whoppers though over McDonalds $1 McDouble, because they include some fresh lettuce, tomatoes and onion. McDonalds fries are also better, Burger Kings have some kind of starchy coating on them that I can't stand.

One thing most people don't realize about the Grilled Chicken sandwich at Burger King is that it actually has as much fat in it as a Whopper.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think they are both equally good it's just that Mcd is a little cheaper than Burger king

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I doubt they're owned by the same share holders. I think part of the reason they laid off is because of the laws about using competition names. They're not allowed to directly attack the other side, so they have to be more generic. That means they've switched to simply advertising what's good about themselves instead.

6. Robert E.

Robert E.New Member

Threads:
    There's only 1 or maybe 2 BK's in my whole county. There's at least 1+ McDonald's in each city within the county. McDonald's seems to have the advantage here. Personally, I love the chicken fries at BK, but everything else on the menu is too sloppy in my opinion. McDonald's has a much sexier menu, and the stores are usually well taken care of.

7. Micheleteresa

MicheleteresaMember

Threads:
    I have no preference, other than that McDonalds is a bit cheaper and right now any size coffee is a dollar. Food wise they are equal, in my opinion. As for being owned by the same share holders, I doubt it but would not say it isn't possible.

8. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like either of them, but if I would have to choose it would be Burger King. I've eaten at McDonald's before and I just don't like the way their hamburgers taste they're so rubbery. At Burger King it's not much better, but they do have better hamburgers. I eat the chicken sandwich with a side of onion rings, and it's better than anything on McDonald's menu. These two companies are at each others throats, but they both fail to understand their is other competition out there they should be worried about.

9. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I actually prefer Wendy's. I think the food is all about the same. The folks working at Wendy's seem a little nicer. The only thing is the Wendy's around me don't serve breakfast. In that case I have to go with McDonalds Big Breakfast. It's $1.99 most Sundays.

10. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I like BK better but I guess it depends on what I am in the mood for. It doesn't really matter and if I had to choose only 1 fast food place to eat at, I don't think it would be either of these places so it's all the same.

11. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I like the milkshakes at BurgerKing, but sometimes their burgers are not good. When I go to Mcdonalds I am always pleased with the food, unless its cold or something.

12. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Maybe not so much that Burger King is lessening its competition, but rather McDonald's has gone beyond and BK has decided that it has lost the battle. For me, there isn't really an option because they're both terrible choices (think Pepsi and Coke). As a consumer, if I had to choose, I'd opt for McDonald's because every BK I've been to my entire life has been really dirty both in the dining area and behind the counter.

13. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly I never really gave it any thought except I just assumed each company has it's own "thing" they are best at. Mcdonald's has the best fries and Burger King has the best flame broiled burger. Each of them are good in their own right and at the top of the chain of fast food places.

14. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on my mood. Sometimes I crave for a burger from Mcdonalds coupled with a float, while sometimes I wish to taste the whooper of Burger King. Although McDonalds has been and always will be my ultimate fast food franchise. :)

15. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    BK has the better burger and MickeyD's has the better fries. As far as shareholder's go you may be right. Goodness knows the last decade or so has seen more and more fields consolidating their brands under only a couple of names. Cable is basically owned by Viacom as an example.

16. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I like different things from each. So I am a little bias about both. Don't get to either that much,. but love Mickey D's french fries

17. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I love the Mickey D's fish sandwich and fries. I think they are most delicious and tasty. Oh I can't leave out the coffee. It seems to have that really fresh taste and it will wake you and keep you in a good mood I think. Now Burger King is find also with those sweet potato fries. But I only get there once a month also.

18. dvharris

dvharrisMember

Threads:
    My family is split right down the middle when it comes down to these two. My husband prefers Mcdonald's while I prefer Burger King. Aside from the burger sizes, Burger King burgers are tastier. I am an onion lover and Mcdonald's refuses to get it together and will not include onions in the burgers! This makes in a big NO-NO, in the world of onion lovers. Also, the cones are cheaper at BK; you can't beat a .50 cent ice cream cone. The one thing I love at Mcdonalds is are McCafe Frappes which, BK has now added to the menu.Yippie!

19. jonateen

jonateenNew Member

Threads:
    Mcdonalds is more of a household name but Burger King has better food (in my opinion) Bk doesn't do stuff to their food that makes you sick. I feel sick when I eat a Mcdonalds cheeseburger because if I ignore the sickness I'll be addicted. That's their plan, to get you eating that junk and then you can't stop. Burger Kings food tastes more like if you bbq outside, which is natural, not hamburger stand type burgers.

20. Kam147

Kam147Member

Threads:
    I am a Big Mac fanatic, but as I get closer to 40, my doctor becomes more vocal about me curtailing my habit. I have been working on it for a while, and I have finally figured something so close to the Big Mac "secret sauce" that I can hardly tell them apart. You can find the secret sauce recipes (or some version of it) very easily with a Google search, but it's not quite right. If you are like me and enjoy a challenge, find the recipe and play with it. You will be pleasantly surprised at how delicious a homemade Big Mac can be!