Bugs (Insects, Spiders, etc.): Do Apartment-People View Them Differently than House-People (Neighbor

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by mythman • Oct 11, 2014.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I ask because I had to move OUT of my apartment because it was infested with bugs, and I'm thinking that maybe I (accidentally) LET it get infested because I'd been living there like it were a HOUSE (in the middle of a neighborhood) ... possibly 'not inspecting myself for bugs before I went back into my apartment' everytime.

Possible? You notice something similar in your area?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most people don't check themselves for bugs before reentering their apartment. Maybe you accidentally brought a couple of bugs in your moving boxes and they reproduced out of control. Maybe your neighbors fumigated and the bugs retreated to your place. Check all your moving boxes and clean all your stuff before moving it into a new place.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never checked for bugs before re-entering any place where I have lived. It never occurred to me to do that. I have only had bugs in one of my apartments as an adult. It was my first apartment in Las Vegas. The management did spray for bugs, but it was still a problem. I talked to the management about the problem. I was told that bugs were typical in Las Vegas. I was clean. I never left any food out. I always cleaned up immediately after cooking. Still I had bugs. I moved out when I found a cockroach in the refrigerator. It was in the "egg" section. I had enough.

My next apartment had no bugs. The lady probably thought I was nuts because I kept asking about bugs. Thankful, it was bug free. I did check to make sure I didn't bring any bugs with me.

My childhood home was bug free until we had an earthquake (Los Angeles). There was a cracked about a few feet deep in the backyard of our house. After that we had some strange bettle-cockroach type of bugs. There were hard to get rid of. It took years because they were so hard to kill. They seemed to get stronger after each extermination attempt. Anyway....I hate bugs. They belong outside, not inside.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What kind of bugs infested your apartment? Bed bugs? Fleas? Cockroaches? It must have been quite an intense infestation for you to be forced out of your place. In any case, there are many different ways to combat such unwanted invasions, such as having a pest control agency take care of your problem, or use more natural means to get rid of the pest by cleaning and sterilizing everything with white vinegar, colloidal silver and a spray made of cloves and cinnamon. In any case, moving out of a place because of bugs, seems to me to be an extreme measure.