Building Your Personal Account Vs. "pyramid Schemes"

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by ExpertAdvice • Feb 3, 2015.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Have you ever been involved in a pyramid scheme or in a scheme that had a similar set-up?

The thing with "pyramid-scheme-like institutions" is that they tend to have a load of promises that you will be enabled toward your own financial independence and growth, and that you'll somehow become "in charge of building your own account", but there always seems to be a catch when you get down to it.

You invest your amount and follow all the "steps" that these companies recommend, but then you find that you have to do a great amount of legwork, knocking on "door after door', asking this friend, that friend, EVERY friend, to become a fellow "partner" in this plan, but half of the time they can't quite "see the vision", or they're low on funds, so where does that leave you? Frustrated...and broke!

Just the other day, I became aware of a new model that followed the pyramid scheme framework. I'm suspicious already, but it was recommended to me by a friend, and it speaks to a lot of benefits that seem practicable and personally enjoyable.

Apart from these schemes though, what do you find to be the best ways to build your personal account?

I'm looking forward to your responses.

spending.