Bulking

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by rares209 • Jan 12, 2015.

1. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    2014 was the year when I decided to come back to the gym and since July I started to bulk, because I really wanted some muscle mass. But I have poorly chosen a dirty bulk, which helped me gain some muscle mass, but it also made my body to store pretty much fat. January 2015 came and I decided that bulking should stop. Now, I really need some help, because I want to get rid of the fat, but I don't want to lose my muscle mass. If anyone can tell me what should I do now, I will be very thankful.

2. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    Hi Rares209,

Lots of guys would like to bulk and at the same time, not lose muscle mass. The truth is, if you've tried to build muscle mass by taking protein shakes with high fat and bad quality protein, then that will definitely get you fat and also cause harm to your body health-wise. Any animal protein-based shakes are harmful to your health. I suggest better protein shakes such as isolated soy protein, because soy protein is the best quality protein out there, and the fact that it is 'isolated' makes it better for your body to accept.

Avoid pork and beef. They have high protein, but also high fat (which will add to your external fat and internal fat). Stick to leaner meats, such as chicken or fish. Your muscle right now could be mixed with fat, so it would be normal to lose a bit muscle, so eventually you can build leaner muscle with better protein choices. This will make your skin tighter and give you rock hard muscles.

Do lots of cardio and circuit training as fat burning exercises, and don't forget to drink a lot of water.

3. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the advices. Right now I'm counting my calories in order to lose the fat and it's working pretty well. I don't want to lose weight very fast because it's unhealthy. This is why I don't do a lot of cardio training for now. The thing is that I didn't take protein shakes, I just ate a lot in order to build a calorie surplus, but I think it was a little bit too much.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Whenever I have asked for advice about toning up, from other people who are familiar with bodybuilding and fitness, one of the points that they always bring up to me is that bulking is a no no!!! They always make sure to warn you against it. Most of my fitness friends buy a lot of supplements. They eat right, and they have their protein shakes every morning and such. I second the above poster with the water comment. It is imperative!!!

5. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am bulking but I don't want it. I don't eat high fatty foods, but because of the amount of protein that I intake every day, I am growing big. I really don't like it. I didn't know earlier that the excess protein that your is in your body, which is not metabolised is eventually turned into fat. So not that I should avoid high fatty food, but I also have to just take in sufficient amount of protein. Otherwise, more than it helps me in gaining muscle mass, it'd also gain me fat and bulk up more than I intend myself to.

6. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    The most important thing to do in order for you to lose weight is to be in a net caloric deficit. This can be accomplished by either eating less, or exercising more, however, it is generally recommended to do both. Definitely count your calories, and eat to around a 500 calorie deficit of your maintenance level. In order to preserve muscle mass during your cut, eat enough protein. The recommended intake is around 1g of protein per pound of body weight, however, this can be modified to suit your needs. Don't go too far below that recommended amount though. Keep up your lifting routine, and remember to continue with heavy compound movements, as this will help to preserve your lean muscle mass while losing fat.

7. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    I don't see why are you upset that you are getting big. I know a lot of people that would do anything for a little bit of extra weight. On the other hand, I think you did the same mistake as I did. You managed to eat your necesary protein intake(mine is about 170 grams), but you also consumed some extra carbohydrates and calories that made you gain fat. Tha trick is that you have to consume your daily protein intake, but be careful not to go over your daily calorie limit.

8. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    Thank you, man. Great advices you gave me. The truth is, I already started doing what you told me. I started counting my calories, but I have to keep in mind to eat my necessary protein intake per day. Also, some people told me that I shoul cut the carbs out of my diet, but I feel depleted of energy at the gym without them so I was thinking of seating some carbs but without going over my daily calorie limit. What do you think about this?

9. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    Well, cutting carbs will be hard on your energy levels and will make bulking harder. You should still take your carbs and if you really want energy before or after the gym I recommend eating bananas. Try taking 2 bananas/daily and you will get your energy levels pretty high very soon. I also recommend them for bulking as they are monsters in yellow skin.

10. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    Thanks! Actually, I am eating at least a banana per day, mainly because I try to keep an eye on my carbs intake and as I said, energy represents a problem, but as long as I'm not going over my daily calorie intake, bananas will always be my first choice for energy. The second place is taken by the protein bar :).