Burger King

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by BradHemphill • Sep 26, 2013.

1. BradHemphill

BradHemphillNew Member

Threads:
    Okay, I'm a GenXer so I love fast food of every shape and size, but who else is with me when I say that the original Burger King chicken sandwich is the best fast food item in drive-through history? I don't care how much chicken it has in it. I don't even care that the lettuce is often a little sad. In honor of July 4, my hometown Burger King sold them for $1.04. I probably ate 12 over the course of that weekend.

Who's with me?

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate fast food except for pizza and Popeye's. I only eat my mom's burgers as nothing could top them. However I have been happy with Burger King because they brought back Cinnabons. I don't know how long this will last but I love that they've had them for a while. You have no idea how much I missed them.

3. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    Burger King is one of the worst fast food joints that I have ever been to. Their new fries are below average. Their muffin breakfast sandwich is the worst breakfast sandwich on any fast food menu, anywhere. Their whoppers taste watered down due to the flame broiling. I have nothing positive to say about Burger King. The staff has been rude to me, the drive through takes forever to get through and their prices are outrageous. $2.50 for some fries that taste like cardboard? What a rip off.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I ate fast food, I adored the original chicken burgers too lol. Once I started really looking at it before inhaling it though, I couldn't bring myself to buy another one lol. It was tasty though. It would make me sick to eat one now.

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always liked the burgers at Burger King, whether it was the regular beef burger, or the chicken burger. To sell them for a dollar was a great price, and I imagine that the promotion went well for them.
    I rarely go to a fast food place any more, so I usually make my own burgers at home when we have them.
    I remember when fries used to be made from real potatoes, that were freshly cut into the little slices, and then fried. They were so good ! The things they have now taste like they were cooked, mashed, and then re- formed into the right shape for a French fry.
    I think most of the younger people today have never tasted a French fry made from a real potato, and made fresh. It is a whole different, and wonderful , flavor.

6. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    Burger King landed in my city a few years ago. In fact, we only could found this fast food chain in the big cities of my country, there wasn't other alternative. I must confess that since I tasted their burgers, my visits to Mc Donalds were decreasing. Sure, taste is a very personal experience, but I think that Burger King offers me something that other fast food chains do not: satiety. Each burger that enters in my body leaves me satisfied and portions of fries are plentiful. :p

I don't know if at the local Burger King sell that chicken sandwich, but I'm going to find out, that sounds very tempting.

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know if many people realize this or not, but their grilled chicken sandwich is just as fattening as a Whopper, and the classic fried chicken sandwich. I used to work at Burger King back in the early 90's when they started publishing the nutritional content of all their fast food, and noticed this. The grilled chicken patties come in covered in what appears to be vegetable shortening, to keep them moist as they go through the grill.

I like their classic chicken sandwich as well, but mainly for nostalgia I suppose. It was the first "grown up" fast food sandwich I ever had as a kid, when I was stepping up from "kids meals". I ended up loving it at the time, and would ditch the toys to get it.

8. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    Compared to other fast food burger joints Burger king is my favorite. It at least has personality when it comes to taste. Wendy's and McDonald's is just too bland for me. I love their "grilled burger taste" and their onion rings. I don't care much for their fries but then I don't go to Burger King for that anyway. I'm not sure about the service in your area but the Burger King near us is pretty decent and the servers smile a lot so I'm good.

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I'm not a really big fan of their chicken sandwich I prefer mcdonalds when it comes to the chicken sandwhiches. I just like burger king's isn't all that great. Now what I do love is their texas whoopers now that I can probably eat all day lol.

10. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    It seems you are getting mixed reviews. I used to like Burger King but the local one here takes so long to get through the drive through that I think calling it fast food is a misnomer. Even if there are no cars in line, average a ten minute wait. Personally, I think the quality of the chicken and burgers went down. If you like chicken and want a bargain, try the Monterey ranch chicken sandwich for 99 cents at Wendys. The patty if fantastic and it looks and tastes like real chicken. I suspect they will only offer it a limited time and raise the price like they did on the 99 cent doublestacks (that are now$2.09) but get em while they last.

11. gracie

gracieMember

Threads:
    They used to be my husband's favorite fast food chain but not anymore. The last time he went there ,he mentioned the burger grossed him out. It got shut down and now I am pretty sure we only have one Burger King on the way to the airport. I've never been there since it always looked so empty. I am always worried to walk into an empty restaurant. it's usually a bad sign.

12. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In England we had the Chicken Royale. I remember when I first had it at the age of 10 after watching Toy Story at the cinema, it was a great day! I don't think I have eaten the Chicken Royale since I was a kid but I remember it being delicious. The McDonald's McChicken sandwich was amazing too but I haven't had that for a very long time either.

13. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Although I completely try to limit the amount of fast food I eat I a year I still can't say that I don't like Burger King or any other place like this. I know how deep fried everything is which is why I take all these cravings and I just order something from subways.

14. BradHemphill

BradHemphillNew Member

Threads:
    To be clear, I'm actually not a huge fan of BK's full menu. It's just the chicken sandwich I love. Not sure why. In fact, I only like one item or two on any fast food menu. McDonald's, for example would be the Sausage McMuffin.

Nickchick, I LOVE Popeye's. Only a couple left in AZ, though.

15. Kcmoney

KcmoneyNew Member

Threads:
    I am with you on BK Original Chicken Sandwiches. Add cheese and it is 'AWESOME'!! I have tried a few things on their full menu, but I like to order 2 and just eat them. I don't need the fries or onion rings. Not sure if anyone has tried the Sweet potato fries from BK, but they are a really good substitute of the regular fries. No condiments needed to add to the taste.

16. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    While i do agree that fast food is pretty great in terms of eating something easy and tasty, i think eating as much as 12 doses of that would be overkill for me. I like to enjoy a burger and some friends from time to time with friends, just that.

17. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I tried to avoid fast food as much as possible. If ever I'm in the mall or out and I need to eat in a fast food. I always go with the hot shots of KFC or Popeyes chicken. I love pizza and pasta too, but it's been a long time since I ate one. I really try to eat healthy. If I can avoid it, the better.

18. BradHemphill

BradHemphillNew Member

Threads:
    kitkat likes to eat healthy. Love the irony! ;)
    KcMoney, I do EXACTLY the same thing! Right now, they are 2 for $5.00 bucks and so I just but two. No fries. 44 ounce drink from Circle K for $.79. Perfect lunch.

I'm going to die by 50 if I don't change my ways!

19. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    All I eat from BK are the Whoppers, Onion Rings, and Chicken Sandwiches. Their other burgers are gross. Especially those times when they put out new Char-broiled burgers. They taste like burnt smoke! Their new French Fry Burger is ridiculous as well.

20. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I like BK's chicken sandwiches. They hit the spot sometimes. Also, I like their onion rings. I like their breakfast menu the best. I love their egg and cheese croissants with tater tots and a large coffee. However, I do not like the burgers or fries. I do not go there often because we only have one in town. Usually, I forget that it is even there.