Business Wear

Discussion in Make a Specific Deal/Coupon Request started by BrittneyD • Apr 2, 2012.

1. BrittneyD

BrittneyDMember

Threads:
    I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to get some deals on business wear.

I am going to be graduating soon with a degree in Political Science. I plan on going to Law School, but I know that I need to dress the part. The problem is that I have been a stay at home mom for the past 3 years. I have never needed to own a suit or any business wear before, so this is all new to me. I have checked out a couple of places, but they want almost $200 for a suit. I have checked out used, but they tend to look kind of worn and not very professional. I really don't have the money to stock up on $200 suits. Do you know anywhere to go to find good professional looking clothing for a decent price?

2. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Do you happen to have a JC Penny near you? Sometimes they can have some pretty good deals, and sometimes you can find things on clearance. Kohl's should have some nice professional business wear, I am sure that a nice business skirt and shirt would look professional too. Women are a little lucky when it comes to dressing for business. We do have some options! Also if you have a Kohl's, try to hit them on their big sales and also when they are offering the Kohl's cash so you have money to spend on a future trip.

I think Fashion Bug has some dress clothes too, they closed the one that was by us. My Mom doesn't wear a suit, but always dresses nice for work. She is a manager and sees the public all day. She orders clothes through a catalog named Blair. She loves the clothes from there and she said they are always reasonable.

Congrats on your degree :)

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Honestly, buy them from Ebay and thrift stores. Start now so you don't have to buy a whole wardrobe at once, and you can be really picky with what you buy. It takes a bit of time, but when I worked at a finance company, I found my best business attire at yard sales, thrift stores, and in online lots off Ebay.

4. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I would check out depending on what country, TK Maxx - UK, TJ Maxx -US, Winners - Canada.

You can get last seasons suits there for a steal. They look more expensive than things from say Walmart, or budget stores, and they are very good quality. Most items have around 60% off. It is worth a look if you have the time to go through all the racks and racks of clothing.

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    T J Maxx and Ross stores are a really good place to get affordable work clothes and shoes. Walmart can be another good place to pick up affordable work clothes. It also pays to browse the clearance racks at any store. I would come up with the basic work neccessites and stay within the same color scheme, like black, greys and whites or browns, beige and creams. Get the slacks, skirts and blazers and your basics and add sweaters, blouses, and accessories that can be switched around for lots of different looks.

6. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I would suggest Stein Mart for a nice suit. The have discounted clothes, that don't have a discounted out of fashion look. Unlike TJ Maxx , Marshall and Ross the store is more organized, and looks upscale. The have excellent markdowns which are discounted further during holiday sales.