Buy Clothes From E-bay?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Nov 24, 2013.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never bought clothes online but I tried it a few weeks back. The clothes, when I received them were OK. They looked new and so on. Then came the time the clothes were washed and I noticed once they'd been pressed that they were a shade paler than what I could remember. A closer look revealed that the colors had faded, something which the seller didn't inform me about.

Have you ever had a similar experience? Bought clothes off e-bay whose quality you realized soon after was not quite what you expected?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep.. just like in a store.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I have never purchased any clothing from eBay. There are many great deals online, but I don't really have the confidence to buy clothing from eBay. I wouldn't even buy brand name clothing because they are a lot of sellers who sell fakes as brand named items.

4. downloadsincomplete

downloadsincompleteMember

Threads:
    Like everything, you have to be careful and pick good sellers and good products. Look for Top Rated sellers who have everything explained in detail, have a lot of pictures, and actually point out item flaws, if any. If something is brand new with tag, BNWT, it's pretty easy to see. So if the seller does not specifically say there is no damage, go for it. If you buy it and there turns out there is damage or it's not what it was advertised as, you can file a claim with eBay. I know it sounds like a process, but it's actually a pretty quick turn around time and eBay usually favors BUYERS over sellers in this case.

If you're looking at used items, still look for lots of pictures, detailed descriptions, etc. There is a huge market for lightly used and pre-owned clothes on eBay, especially with designer brands.

5. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    I agrees with downloadsincomplete, eBay favors buyers so much so that sellers tend to complain about it, but it does force them to be very honest in their transactions. I have never attempted to buy clothing off of eBay simply because I don't tend shop for clothing online. Having scanned the site for pricing inquires for a past job, they do have some good deals, however.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The sellers should face the fact that there are some of them [e-bay sellers] who give them [all sellers] a bad reputation. Anyway, regardless of whether an e-bay seller has some positive feedback, it will be a long time before I ever try buying clothing online.

7. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    I both buy and sell clothes on ebay and have not had any problems. As long as you are honest and show any flaws with the product. There should not be a problem. I've also bought clothes off ebay (brand new) and not had any problems with this.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've bought clothes from there, and fortunately, I had no complaints about it. I did a whole lot of research before I picked a seller, though, and I think that's the key. It's best to be as skeptical as you can be when it comes to online shopping, I think.

9. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to because it will make shopping less tedious but my skepticism outweighs the urge to buy. I don't want to spend money on something that I'm not sure if it will fit me or if the color is
    exactly the same as the photos especially the texture of the cloth.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never bought clothes online and I probably never will, since I know that if you don't personally fit your clothes before buying them, then there is a chance that it might be ill-fitting. So for me, I will always buy clothes and shoes in physical stores.

11. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I have never bought any clothing from eBay. My advice to you is to look at the seller's description closely. Also look at the seller's feedback and see what people are saying.

Before buying a lot of clothing from a website, I only buy one or two items to know of the quality and how things fit. This will give you a good idea of whether you should buy from them again or not.

12. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I've never purchased clothing online, or from ebay. I wouldn't trust purchasing clothes online because I enjoy trying them on and seeing if I like the fit or not. If I were to purchase clothing online, it would be most likely from the store directly rather than ebay because then I know I can return them or exchange them if something is wrong. Some ebay sellers aren't as trust worthy as we think they are.

13. FloraFauna

FloraFaunaMember

Threads:
    I haven't bought clothes on ebay before. I did buy a purse that looked really good when I got but smelled like cigarettes. The smell eventually faded but for a while there, it was pretty gross.

I have, however, sold clothes on ebay. A few vintage pieces. As nervous as it makes people to be the buyer, I felt just as nervous being the seller. I'm very honest in my descriptions, but I might miss something. Or the person I'm selling to could be dishonest themselves. So it's a gamble either way. I think it's definitely important to check a person's feedback before dealing with them.

14. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I haven't bought any clothes from e-bay yet. But I'm definitely considering it. I have only bought some gadgets from there and so far, I have no complains.

15. avasmom

avasmomMember

Threads:
    I have never bought clothes on ebay, but only because I had not thought to look there. I would certainly consider it if I saw something I liked for the right price.

16. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The only clothes I will buy from eBay are shoes and shirts. With anything I buy from eBay they must be new. I don't want to wear any used clothing.

17. Daria

DariaMember

Threads:
    I like to purchase clothing online at ebay in lots. A lot is a group of clothing that is around the same size and style. It is sort of like buying outfits or a wardrobe. If you do it that way you save yourself a lot of time shopping, and if you got your sizes right, everything should fit. The other bonus is that buying in lots saves you money. With the economy getting tighter by the day, saving money is a necessity for everyone. All you have to do is find someone who is about the same size as you that has a similar style. Plus, if you have a lot of clothing you don't want, you could make your own lot to sell on ebay to pay for the new cloths.

18. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    My sister made an entire business of herself selling and buying on eBay. Sometimes there were bad sellers, but as long as she actively reviewed and rated sellers, most sellers worked really hard to deliver a great product to their buyers. I think it's hit and miss, but mostly hit!

19. dickybird

dickybirdNew Member

Threads:
    I don't think this experience is limited to buying clothes from Ebay, I think alot of stores where you buy clothes from can often fade after being washed, and that is just the quality of the clothes, not necessarily the sellers fault. If you buy off ebay and get a bargain, often it can be cheaper because the quality is not as good as if you paid more. If you are unhappy with something that you have purchased email the seller, sellers generally want happy customers and will do anything to ensure this. However, if the seller doesn't respond Ebay is a big organisation and is very good wth dealing with disputes. It is a fair website and you can take any issues to the resolution centre.

20. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly I can't say I've had any bad experiences from Ebay and I've done a lot of clothes shopping on there. From my knowledge though, I know that it's easy to tell the difference between a bad and a good seller. A bad seller will have limited feedback that are mostly negative. If it's under 95% overall feedback, then it's probably a tricky seller that is sometimes good or bad. But if they have positive feedback and have been selling for a long time, it's probably worth taking a look and a risk in the sellers products.