Buy your Batteries in Bulk, I Say!

Discussion in Misc & Others started by starfox64 • Apr 2, 2014.

1. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    Recently, the old trick of rotating the dying batteries in my remote control began to fail, so I had to bite the bullet and go and buy the dreaded AA batteries that were sure to be expensive. I drove to the nearest dollar store thinking that I could score a deal, and ended up buying a 6 pack of AA batteries for about $5.50! That's nearly a dollar a battery, folks!

I'm never going to pay for expensive batteries like this again and decided to do a bit of research online to see if I could score some cheap deals on some AAs. On eBay, I have found perhaps the best deal on batteries out there. For $18.99, you can get 24 AA and 24 AAA batteries. These aren't cheapies either, they are duracell. If you are looking to be frugal and save some cash in the long run, I highly recommend visiting the link below! :cool:

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Possibly a person could save more by using rechargeable batteries. Nonetheless, I don't practice this dogma. Most of the time I just buy a few packs of batteries. Nonetheless, I use them mostly for video games - and I don't play video games that often. However, if I played them more often, then buying batteries in bulk or getting rechargeables would be tempting.

3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I use both rechargeable ones and non rechargables. I find that rechargable are am awesome investment for running long term things like remote controls etc while non rechargeable ones suffices with a shorter use like toys.

Although I buy normal batteries in packs I find them costlier and so I have turned to buying them in bulk instead.