Buying flowers

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Peninha • Jan 5, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a frequent customer in florists so I've gained some experience that women might have, but that men certainly don't, at least I didn't a few years ago. When buying flowers beware for promotions, sometimes this happen because the flowers are old and about to die, so take a close look at them to see if the button is fully open or not, if it's open it's because the flower is about to die.

Also ask if the flowers are fresh or if they were at the freezer, freezer flowers also last less.

2. kanaksharma

kanaksharmaNew Member

Threads:
    Great Share I appreciate your post.

3. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I agree. I wouldn't buy flowers that offer promotion or deals because I know at least they aren't fresh. I tend to buy flowers that in the process of growing bigger because I remember one of the cashiers has told me that I should buy the younger flowers or something because they can grow fast and I have more time to let them grow in the house. I don't usually buy flowers except for my wife.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't get me wrong, I love promotions if I can have a fair deal, but buying cheaper flowers because they were in the cold or are old isn't exactly the best deal. It's a great idea to talk to the women (usually are women) that work in the florist shops because they can actually provide good advice and information and before you know it you're an expert on flowers! Your wife will thank you. :)

5. crystaleve

crystaleveNew Member

Threads:
    I never knew that! I don't buy a lot of flowers myself, but when I get flowers I notice that a lot of the time they die very quickly. I think more people should know how to look for a healthy flower because it makes it seem like I am not taking care of the flowers when they die very shortly after I receive them. I will have to pass this along to a few people, with Valentine's Day coming up and all. :)

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Please do, sometimes when my wife is upset with me and the flowers die in a couple of days she says that I didn't give them with love, ahah, the fact is that probably the just stood in the freezer and I bought a dead flower walking. It's really an easy way to deceive customers because the flowers do look good...!

7. Mafdet

MafdetMember

Threads:
    I am against buying cut flowers as presents. As a girl, I'd prefer to receive a flower in a pot, something nice and cheap that won't be dead in 3 days. I think it's really a waste and I hate seeing beautiful flowers die in a vase.

8. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    After a few bad transactions I now buy flowers in persons instead of online, because the online shops have sold me flowers that were practically dead, and not many women appreciate receiving dead flowers, in fact one girlfriend at the time almost broke up with me because of it as she thought I was sending her a message!

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, that is not funny dean! So your girlfriend received almost dead flowers and she thought you're trying to say something? You could sue that internet company for the end of your relationship, you could make big money. :)

I have never bought flowers online, I didn't even know that was possible.

10. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    Whoa that's a terrible experience, I wouldn't touch online deliveries after that either. I also always go out and pick out the flowers, not only does that not happen, it's a much more personal gift.

11. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, so true. I've considered deliveries, but after my choice of flowers in the store, buying flowers online you really don't know what you're buying because probably you just see a picture of the flowers...

12. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Any cut flowers are already dead flowers. It goes against my grain to ever buy flowers at all unless they are in a pot of soil. If I wanted to surprise somebody with flowers, I would go out of my way to pick some wild flowers that grow in abundance. Or I'd pick a handful from my garden. I am definitely not a buyer of flowers.

13. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is an unbeatable argument lol, but the fact is women love flowers, their face brightens when they receive them, so it's a must for a man to offer flowers to his woman, nothing to do about that. I can pick some as well if I am in the country, but in the city it's not so easy.

14. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    Lol I can use all the tips for purchasing flowers that I can get. I swear I can never get it right. Every single time I purchase flowers for my girlfriend they end up dying right away. One of these days I will get it right :)

15. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They say that a flower given with love lasts longer eagle, are you sure you are with the right woman? :p

Seriously speaking, just look closely at the flowers and ask some questions, you will learn how it works. ;)

16. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The site does look good, but I imagine that a delivery in my country from Mumbai would be mega expensive lol. The delivery services in Portugal are really expensive, almost the same price as the flowers.

17. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    Makes sense,Flowers have a very tiny age so the thing is when we are about to buy it taking care of it is what takes that all to the next level and i am personally aware of these things that sort of mess they create for selling their old stuff its really irritating.

18. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You are saying that flowers don't last much time? That's true and that is why we need to know our business so that they last a couple of days at least. Some companies try to sell flowers when they aren't in their optimal condition, unfortunately that's just normal, but we can learn how to avoid those old flowers.

19. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Why on earth would you buy flowers from online stores? At the very least go with something like Interflora, who just acts as a sort of conduit to real life stores close to wherever you're delivering the flowers to.

20. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    This is something to bear into mind. I haven't thought of this before. When I see a promotion, I just immediately grab it right away. Since I give it to someone, I don't know if how great those flowers turn out to be when they are given. If they last long or not. I wasn't really worried with this before until I read this because I have always thought that they are always fresh and that they are not put into freezers.