Buying from eBay, shipping times?

Discussion in Shipping Services started by daimashin • Aug 9, 2014.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to buy things on eBay a lot. I never noticed this until now that some people list the shipping as Economy International or Standard Shipping? What's the difference between the two, is it that Economy Shipping is slower and less secure?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the economy shipping is the cheapest one, and mostly it doesn't have a tracking number. But sometimes they do, like I bought a phone last month and the shipping was free, but I was still given a tracking number. It depends on the seller if they will provide you one fore free. I only had to pay for shipping once when I bought from a seller from the UK, the rest I bought from Chinese sellers, so they were free shipping.

3. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    Both the Economy and the Standard shipping methods are safe to use, you shouldn't fear that you might lose the ordered goods! The main difference is in speed. The Economy shipping is cheaper or free and therefore slower than Standard shipping, which is still slow. I've heard that the Economy shipping packages travel over land only (or wherever possible), so they take much longer to be delivered. Both methods can use tracking numbers if you desire.