Buying From Threadless (Custom Designs Shirt Store)

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by razelia • Aug 8, 2014.

1. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I've posted about something similar before, but I really love custom-designed shirts. It's really nice to have shirts uniquely designed by a solo graphic artist, and the designs they make are usually phenomenal. Last time, I reviewed Redbubble, which is a website that offers that. This time, I'm focusing on Threadless.

Threadless is basically an apparel site that lets freelance/solo designers upload their own designs for them to sell. What happens is that Threadless handles the manufacturing and whatnot, while the designer gets a cut every time a design sells.

I've bought about 4 shirts from them in the past, and I just bought 3 more today from

(a whopping 40% and up off the shirt prices!), namely

and

(oh gosh this). Their shirts are really good, quality-wise, both the design print and the quality of the shirt being really good. That said, I haven't tried their other products though (the hoodies and the phone cases), so I can't really comment on those.

Considering I bought from Asia, the shirts got here pretty quickly with the cheapest shipping - around 2 weeks. This is practically quicker than most of my shipments from anywhere overseas, and I haven't lost a shirt in the mail just yet. Hopefully, I'll never have to!

If you love shirts and are looking for some Neat, unique designs, give Threadless a try!

2. junebug

junebugNew Member

Threads:
    That's not particularly my style, but I do like the idea of buying unique shirts that no one else will have. Kind of like the idea behind Etsy. (And I haven't spent a lot of time on Etsy, so I don't really know what they have as far as shirts go) I would certainly be interested in finding a site more in line with my personal style that sells custom shirts - especially for those prices. That's really not too expensive.

3. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    These guys are great and I love the concept behind it. In fact, one of my favourite shirts is from them. Problem is that when I wanted to buy another one or replace my existing one, I couldn't find it again -- if I'm not mistaken after a design is up for sale it essentially never comes back again. If that is the case, that's too bad, but I do understand the reasoning behind it.

In any case, thanks for the link as I forgot about the place for awhile. I'll have a glance and see what may be worth ordering.

4. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I LOVE Threadless! Though admittedly it's been a long while since I bought anything from them, but I find their designs to be both comical and refreshing. The last time I bought something from there though the size I picked was too small, and I never bothered to do the whole return thing. Maybe I'll give it a try again when I earn some more money; thanks for helping me remember that a store like Threadless exists!

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Threadless is one of those cool websites that I bookmarked to look at later and then forgot about. Not only do they have some cool t shirts but their throw pillows are pretty cute. I like the style of the shirts you picked out and next time I'm shirt shopping, I'll keep them in mind. Some of their shirts on clearance are almost as cheap as buying a vintage t shirt at a thrift store.

6. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    Etsy differs in the sense that Etsy is only a shop, and that's basically it. Etsy offers you the digital storefront and the visitors/community and all that, but that's it. That's why you can sell practically anything at Etsy - you have to make the product you're selling yourself from your own materials. Threadless, on the other hand, does the shirt printing for you. All you really have to do is have a good design they approve, do a little promoting, and let the buyers do the rest. That said, you don't get that much of a profit since they handle the printing (and get a cut for themselves, as well), but it's still a bit easier.