Buying From Wholesalers

Discussion in Online Shopping started by retnam • Aug 26, 2012.

1. retnam

retnamMember

Threads:
    Has anyone purchased direct from a wholesaler's website like Aliexpress.com? AliExpress/Alibaba in particular is set up so your money goes into an escrow account and is not released until you receive your products from the seller. The prices are very competitive since you cut out a few middlemen. The downside is meeting minimum order requirement and dealing with customs, etc...

I'm thinking about purchasing some goods direct from the wholesalers since retail stores sell the same stuff at a markup. I'm also considering reselling.

Does anyone buy wholesale? What's your experience?

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Yup, I've bought from AliExpress, got my tablet there :D But I've never bought anything in wholesale (by the way, TaoBao is better for that).

3. retnam

retnamMember

Threads:
    How's your tablet doing? I noticed they were a hot item on AliExpress. My mom was shopping for one.

I haven't heard of TaoBao. I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the heads up!

4. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    I find these websites very interesting for someone who has a small retail company. But I find it dissaponiting that most of the merchandise is FOB priced, so the final price becomes at least double on all items, especially if you live in the crappy EU that puts huge taxes on non-eu imports. I was stuck on this when I purchased a simple mp4 player, I needed some papers and pay almost half it's purchase value as a tax, but finally 20% bribe to the vamal agent did the trick :). But on greater quantities they don't go down so easily and you can always get caught.