Buying gifts online

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by jleadbet • Dec 9, 2012.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I pretty much bought everything online this year. I ran to Target today for some household items, and I could not believe how busy it was. I suppose it's a good thing. It made me glad to be finished with my gift shopping.

2. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I'm doing most of my shopping online and am about half way through. I'm waiting for falling prices to finish my shopping. For the most part, I think the prices online are better, plus I don't have to drive and fight the crowds. It's a much more pleasant experience.

3. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    I buy most of my gifts online but I do head to my local mall whenever I am buying clothes or perishable goods. I agree that the crowds are pretty bad during this time of the year but then most of the people are in good spirits and the atmosphere is festive, so I don't mind the queues and the rush. Online shopping is definitely a boon for people who can't stand the crowds but then there are people who enjoy shopping in packed malls.

4. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I do a lot of online shopping also. Amazon is my friend, we get along well :) I like that I can search for what I want, use coupon codes sometimes, get free shipping usually, and not have to drag little kids out to the store! It's a win-win!

5. vshah1585

vshah1585Banned

Threads:
    There are so many advantages of buying gifts online
    1. We can directly send gifts to our friend and family.
    2. We can save money using coupon codes and discount offers.
    3. It saves our time.

6. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I buy a lot of gifts online. Apart from the obvious advantages of bargain prices and comfort and convenience, I often get the gits wrapped and sent directly to the recipient, so it saves me the trouble of wrapping and delivering stuff myself. It's nice for the people receiving the gifts to get them through the post as well.

7. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    Most of the gifts we've given were bought via ebay and amazon..we've actually saved around 50-75% of the items' prices! You can never really beat that! :D

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Shopping gifts online is definitely a big convenience. I remember when I was a kid, my mom would bring me to the mall and we had to wait in line for hours so that the gifts can be gift wrapped. Now I doubt if people nowadays would still be willing to go through all that trouble when you can just shop online.

9. shane002

shane002Banned

Threads:
    I buy most of my gifts online but I do head to my local mall whenever I am buying clothes or perishable goods.

10. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I also love buying gifts online especially during the holiday seasons.
    Usually during this time many stores that I shop at offer free shipping while the deals are on.
    This way I try to stock up on my gift giving and I purchase many of those gift sets from either bath and body works or even macys and sears.

11. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have bought many gifts online. Most recently I purchased some jewellery for my mother's birthday. The gift arrived promptly and my mother was very happy with it.

Buying online is convenient and I have found that you can save money when shopping online as the e-tailers have lower costs and this can be passed onto the customer.

12. jamoe

jamoeNew Member

Threads:
    I agree that buying online is really convenient! The only things that bugs me with it are when the item might be better to be seen or picked up in person and when the shipping is really expensive. I guess it depends on what you buy and from where. It helps when I don't buy last-minute because then I don't have to pay extra in shipping quickly. :p

13. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    I buy almost all of my gifts online.

I don't live in the same country as most of my friends, due to working abroad. It's really convenient to be able to buy things online for them since I can't deliver them myself. It's usually a lot cheaper too, if I shop around.

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only drawback that I see to buying gifts online is that last Christmas I was a little stressed out because Amazon was so backed up that they took 3 weeks to ship the gifts out.
    I also had one item get stolen out of my mailbox even though the tracking said that it was delivered.

I would still buy gifts online but I would do it more than a month in advance so that I could go to plan B if something went wrong.

15. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    My husband and teenage son love online shopping. The prices are usually around 20% lower and its easy to look for sale items. You don't need to sort through racks and racks of products, you just need to type or click on a link. Aside from that you save by not having to eat out when you get tired and hungry from walking in the mall. You also cut back on transportation cost and a lot of sites deliver for free for a minimum purchase.

16. herbalsister

herbalsisterNew Member

Threads:
    For the first time last year I bought most of my gifts online. As my kids get older I'm finding it harder to find the things they want for a decent price in the small town I live in. I really like to compare prices for everything, and it is so, so much easier to do that online than running around to all the different stores. I anticipate I will do a whole lot of my shopping online again this year.

17. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I don't usually shop online, not to mention buying gifts online unless they are gift cards or post cards. I think the reason is that I want to actually to able to look at the items, especially when they come to clothes and electronics. I have a hard time trying to shop online without previewing the items.

18. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my area we have a large indoor flea market that has some unique gifts. I am not doing much this year so I will be shopping at the local flea market picking up a few items. If I were spending more money this year I probably would have shopped online for most of the gifts.

19. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    You can find some great deals online if you look hard enough. You just have to be careful of the upsell done on many of the products that are presented to you as "deals". Often these discounted deals are marked up and then "discounted" which makes it seem that you are saving money. In actuality you are spending more then if you would shop instore for the same item.

20. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I occasionally buy gifts for myself or my peers online. I think online is a great place to find all gifts that you need for any occasion. I have been buying the gifts online for some time and all were delivered actually on time. It is all about finding the right seller and know their reputation before buying from them.