Buying in Bulk

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by winsomenotions • Mar 19, 2014.

1. winsomenotions

winsomenotionsMember

Threads:
    I always hear that buying in bulk is an awesome way to save money, especially on non-perishable products. I was wondering which stores you would suggest for good customer service and even better deals? I have friends who shop at Sam's Club which they think very highly of and I have also heard good things about a few other places. Also, what products do you most often buy in bulk? Any advice, whether about the best stores, best products, or best tips for shopping would be greatly appreciated!

2. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    Yes. I buy in bulk, but it depends on what it is. I buy things like Soap, and Toilet paper in bulk. Simply because they are relatively inexpensive, and easy to store. They also will not spoil like food products. Excluding canned goods.

3. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I would have to say when you buy in bulk you save and it last much longer. I have kids so buying in bulks helps me out alot. I am a big fan of Sam warehouse. So bulks is the way to go if you have a large family or just big events.

4. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I used to buy shop at Cosco when we had our large freezer. I would but a lot of meat and then before putting in the freezer, I would divide it and use my space save machine and then freeze it in dinner sized packs. I would also buy things like diapers and wipes at Cosco as well.

5. Scottf13

Scottf13Member

Threads:
    Costco and Sam's Club are awesome options. I am not sure about other large chains. There is a place here called Fred's Food Club that is pretty good with the bulk buying. Aldi's is not a bulk store, but a lot of the time you can find items like toilet paper, ramen noodles, and canned goods at such a great price that you might as well buy all you see.

6. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    In the future, I plan to join Sam's Club and start buying in bulk. Right now, we have a small apartment with little storage space. This makes it a challenge :(

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard that you can save money some items if you buy them in bulk but sometimes you get 'played.' Some items could cost more than they're sell at other places so before making a purchase, do your research. In addition to the wholesale stores mentioned you could also try BJs.

Find out if they have a store near you here