Buying In Bulk

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by danielle davidson • Jul 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    Do you guys like to buy in bulk so that you are able to save more money? I have never done this, but I am thinking about doing it. I mean you can't go wrong when you can save some money. When it comes to makeup, I go through a lot of it. So, sometimes I think that it will be cheaper just buy in bulk so that I don't run out of it so fast. The same thing can be done with so many other things. I think it's only good if you know that you will use it. So, do you guys like to buy in bulk?

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I like to buy in bulk, but certain items, not just everything.

As in example, you are posting this question under health and beauty, what suggests me that you might be interested in opinion to buy or not to buy health and beauty products in bulk, and this is where I will better not.

Beauty products have a limited life-span cycle after which their properties, color, taste, and smell change, so if you buy more than one of the product you are using now, the best advice is keep their lid or seal unopened and store it out of the light or heat sources.

Same thing may happen with health-related products, but in this case depend on what product specifically. Same as with beauty and personal care, some products can be bought in bulk and doing this translates in big savings, as opposed to do it with those prone to get rancid or with noticeable properties changes.

Health/Beauty/Personal Care products safe to buy in bulk include soaps, shampoos, perfumes, dietary supplements with no expiration date and not prone to be rancid, among others.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do buy in bulk when I can. That's how I grew up, so it's second nature, although I don't do it as much as I used to, since I now have less money and less space. As @MyDigitalpoint@MyDigitalpoint stated, I'd be careful with overpurchasing some health and beauty items. Some of the creams and lotions will go rancid after a period of time, and with makeup, the quality can deteriorate, or you might change your color and/or style preferences. Other things, such as Q-tips, toothbrushes, soap and the like, I will buy more of than I need, as well as toilet paper, papertowels, and other non-perishables.

With regard to food, I don't have a large freezer, so am limited, but I do buy specials such as 6 packs of macaroni and cheese when they're on sale, 4+ packs of canned tuna, and also tend to stock up on other canned foods. I almost always buyer the bigger containers, because the per unit (ounce or otherwise) price is usually a bit lower, and sometimes the per unit cost can be significantly lower, but occasionally, for some reason, I've found the per unit can be higher also, so it does help to check to make sure, before selecting a specific size.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too do this from time to time. It's usually every 4th month, because the stuff I buy lasts a very long time. I go to a wholesalers and buy stuff like laundry detergent, toilet rolls, cleaning materials, cereals, filter coffee, shower gel, body lotion and olive oil. This really helps because I can then focus mainly on perishables when I buy my weekly shop, which saves a lot of money.

Like Diane says though, I probably wouldn't buy cosmetics in bulk as they have a tendency to go bad in a very short time. If you can buy them individually, I'd say maybe 2 or 3 at most would be ok. In the past I've bought 2 of my favourite foundation, Yves Saint Laurent's Touche Eclat, as I really didn't want to run out in a while LOL

5. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I will only buy things in bulk if I know that I will be able to use the things that I am buying while they are still in their best condition. I use a particular brand of facial wash, and it is on offer from time to time, so I will always stock up on it while the offer is on, as I know that it is saving me a heck of a lot of money than what I would usually have been able to save. So it is definitely a good idea for me, but you need to make sure that you will be making the most of the items that you buy.

6. mmug

mmugAdministrator
    Administrator

Threads:
    Please continue this discussion here:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.