Buying In Bulk

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by danielle davidson • Jul 21, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard that sometimes you can buy in bulk and that way you are able to save good money that way. I mean I'm not sure how I would feel about doing that with clothes. I wouldn't want to get all the same shirts because I mean I like changing out what I'm wearing. I think that it would work well if you are buying something like makeup, but otherwise it would just not work that well for me. I mean maybe for leggings, but that would be it. So, do you like to buy in bulk when it comes to clothing?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy in bulk only when things are on sale or if they are items like black t-shirts that I wear all the time. If you like a particular item it can be worth buying in bulk, as you can sometimes get online discounts if you spend so much.

It can save money, but I choose particular brands. Like Wolford pantyhose, I buy in bulk on sale as I can always open a new pack when I need it and they don't date.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I sometimes buy clothes in bulk. It usually happens with socks or underwear. If I like the quality and design of them, I will sometimes buy 5 pair of the same. It has been a good saving strategy over the years. I do the same with simple t-shirts. If they are cheap and of a good quality, I'll buy three of the same.
    As for food, I mostly buy grains, nuts, oils, pasta, etc. in bulk at my local health food store.

4. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I obviously only buy in bulk when I know that I am going to use the things that I buy, but I do like to do so whenever I get the chance, because I feel that it is a good way to be able to save a little bit of money. I often buy dried food in bulk, as I have plenty of room in my home to be able to store it, so I always know that I have something in to eat when I need it - and I also know that it hasn't cost me a great deal of money, either, meaning that I am able to spend my cash on other things, or save it for the future.

5. danielle davidson

Threads:
    That is smart, I didn't think about that. I'm sure that would be a great way to save on smaller items like that. And over time if you arent buying items like that in bulk then it can add up. I'm sure that you have been able to save a lot from it. I might have to try that out, it sounds like a good idea. Yeah, I mean buying simple ones are good. I usually do that with white tee-shirts because I wear them quite often.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do this for smaller items that I know I'll always need and will wear out and replace constantly, like socks, because I always lose them and it helps to buy in bulk initially so I don't end up having to buy frequently and also I get to save enough money that I don't end up feeling bad if I lose or wear out one or two pairs. I also do this for handkerchiefs which I lose even more since I keep misplacing them.

7. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I buy certain clothing items in bulk namely:
    Underwear - especially those 5 pieces per pack, these are great money savers. The quality is also good. I usually buy from Hanes or F&F.
    Tank tops - sometimes I find deals that offer 3 pieces per pack. These tanks are great for sheer shirts or even for exercising.
    Shorts - the ones I use for the house, I buy in bulk as they are cheap and has okay quality. None of my shorts have been ripped or tattered.

8. paultrump1

paultrump1Member

Threads:
    I like buying in bulk,but not for clothes.Maybe socks,underwear ?
    Mostly food is the best choice..

9. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I like buying in bulk. It is very cheaper and a good way to save money. Some of the thing I buy in bulk are underwear, socks, white shirts. It comes in packs. If you will compare the price per piece you can see that you save if you buy by packs.

10. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I buy underwear and socks in bulk packages. It usually gets me a pretty good deal, and I don't really care if I'm wearing the same thing under my clothes all week long. No one sees it, and I only see it in the bathroom afterall. Ebay has a lot of sellers that sell panties in sets of 12, which are really good deals. I've seen 12 packs as low as $17. Same thing with socks, buying a big package is often the cheaper way to go, and I'm wearing them for work, so they need to be either solid black, or solid white because I don't feel professional with colored or printed socks, so all the same is totally OK.

11. danielle davidson

Threads:
    Yeah, that is smart. I mean that would probably save you a lot of money one certain items. I think that I might start to do that with my socks and stuff like that that I might need. It seems like a good idea.

12. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always buy multi-packs of socks and everyday knickers. It works out much cheaper than buying individual items. Things like leggings and tights are also worth buying in bulk if there are any decent deals around.

My tip with everyday socks is to buy multipacks where the socks are all black. This way, there's less issues with pairing everything up.

13. danielle davidson

Threads:
    Yeah, that is such a good thing to do. I am really thinking about buyng my socks in bulk. I think that it would be much cheaper than the Nike ones that I keep buying to replace the old ones. I also agree that buying leggings is another thing that would be good to buy in bulk. I find that mine keep riping, and I have to keep replacing them. So, I will also have to do that.

14. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never really tried buying clothes in bulk other than socks. Socks of course, often come in packages of six pairs. One time I bought a huge quantity of socks on Amazon, and it was quite inexpensive, however, 4 years later, I hardly have any of them left. Some I gave as gifts, some might be stuck in the drawer, somewhere, and some might be in the mysterious "hole in the washer" that eats socks. I think if you find a good clothing wholesaler it might be worth it to buy clothes in bulk.

15. danielle davidson

Threads:
    That is a good idea. I mean it would be a great idea to buy more than you need so that you can give them to other people. That would be a good idea if I did that with makeup. I'm sure my friends would love to get makep. I think that I'm going to have to check Amazon so that I can think about doing that.

16. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    Clothes are not a high priority item for me. I buy underwear in bulk packs for everyone. Socks in bulk packs for my daughter and husband. I only own 6 pairs of socks for myself because I almost never wear shoes that require them so I only replace them if I get a hole in them. For my husband, I also buy t-shirts in bulk packs because he is very hard on them so they don't last long and he doesn't care if they look the same as long as they're clean.

When my daughter was younger (she's a teen now and is more picky), I used to go on craigslist and look in the clothing section. Often, when a season had finished, I could guess what size she'd be in the next year and buy a huge bag of gently used clothing in that size. If I guessed wrong or there were items I didn't like, I often resold them at a profit the next time that season came around to places like Once Upon A Child. (i.e. buy a bag of summer clothes in the fall, pick out what she'll use in late spring of the next year and sell the rest.)

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also have a bunch of bulk panties and socks, since they were just given to me. I would buy them too because they're cheaper. I think bulk shirts only applied to men, and not really with women's shirts? Since I haven't stumbled on a pack of shirts for women yet.

18. danielle davidson

Threads:
    Hmm you could be right. I'm not sure that I've seen women's shirts in a pack. I mean I'm thinking in the stores though. They may have some online if you checked. That would be the only place that I would think you can buy them. If you checked out Amazon they might have some.

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Really? I will check that one out. The only bulk shirts that I saw for men are those plain white shirts in boxes. Now that looks pretty boring if you wear that outside the house, lol.

20. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    I'd never buy my clothes in bulk because I wouldn't want to have the same shirt or pants to change into. Makes you seem like you don't change. But buying in bulk for socks, underwear and undershirts are ok. Because nobody ever looks at those and it's completely ok if they look the same. Plus you save money. If you buy in bulk on normal clothes then I feel your wasting money because you only really need one. Your not gonna wear that same shirt 2 days in a row anyways because people will think your gross so there's really no point in investing that extra bit of money to get a bulk for cheaper because you essentially only need one. I'd rather invest that money on a different design shirt instead.