Buying Jewelry Online

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by DrRipley • Jul 25, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I once came across a site where you could bid on jewelry, and I got really tempted to buy a few since they offered international shipping and I thought I could give them out as gifts or even sell them if I got them for a cheap enough price, but after I researched further, I found some comments online half of which were complaints about the quality of the jewelry stating that they seemed like the kind you'd see being sold at sidewalks, while the other half swore by them saying that they are exactly what they expected the products to be and more.

I eventually decided against it and chose to maybe just experiment with it when I got more money to risk, but since then I've lost interest because from the skeptical comments alone, I doubt that I could even sell them at a pawn shop if I really needed the cash, and I considered that to be a huge disadvantage.

Anyone here who has purchased jewelry online? I'd love to hear some of your thoughts and tips or maybe even some recommendations on which sites to use, especially for international purchasing.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't purchased jewelry online but I've seen enough negative reviews on the net about some of those jewelry auctioning sites. Since sites can pay people to write positive reviews in order to deceive suckers that the products they're selling great, I wouldn't trust such a review that much unless I hear from someone I know that has actually bought something from the site and recommends it to me.

IMO, buying jewelry online is pretty much the same as buying a used car without having had it checked out properly. It's a little too risky because you can easily get burned.

3. Mike U

Mike UNew Member

Threads:
    I am fond of online shopping and i have purchased lots of jewelry from online sites. But I have bought from certified shopping sites that offer genuine products online.

4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought few Sterling Silver jewelleries like thumb rings (mostly) and except for the size difference I can't complain much.

They did not fade away nor grew rust. I have been using them as daily wear and they are exactly how I bought them.

I think the ones you can risk buying should be either Sterking Silver, stainless steel or Gold.

Other stuff like iodized metals and bronze aren't worth it.

5. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried buying jewelries online, yet. Well I'm actually planning to but still thinking if it's worth it. And I'm a bit scared what if the one that I will get is fake something like that. I can't really decide because it's really tempting especially when they have sale and you only have one time offer that you can't resist. But still can't decide if I'll buy a jewelry online or just browse at our local jewelry shop :oops:

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't buy any jewelry online I am surprised to hear such complaints from customers who got this item on the internet. Whether they are right or wrong I would still like to believe these are exceptional cases. There are more reputable sites out there that one could visit for purchase valuable items like this.

7. Sandy Mayfield

Sandy MayfieldMember

Threads:
    I dont buy jewelry online. I have very small and odd sizes for jewelry so I have to try it on because chances are the standard sizes wont fit.

8. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I have never bought Jewelry online. Even when I see cool designs, I don't buy jewelry online. That's because you cannot assess a jewelry item until you see it close. A picture cannot tell you how fragile is the piece, whether it will discolor or not etc.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just bought costume jewelry from amazon. One of the necklace that I bought the clasp was broken. The spring part did not work so I had to replace it at home with my little repair kit I got. It took only a few minutes and it was alright. I told the seller about it, and they were so happy I did not return it and will give me a free gift with my next purchase. I bought 3 costume jewelry at one time all on sale. The other 2 came perfect and is so nice to wear even if it's only costume jewelry. It's best to get jewelry from credible sources though and good to check with bbb.org about them too.

10. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have never bought any jewelry online. I prefer to see and then buy. Many times, the pictures in the site does not match with the actual product. I am quite skeptical about buying jewelry online.

11. Jessica Vibes

Jessica VibesNew Member

Threads:
    I have purchased jewelry online and luckily I've been pretty lucky.

There are three categories of online jewelry stores: the top brands with worldwide repute, the mediocre ones that are struggling to get there, and the ones that exist just to fetch money for substandard products.

I personally shop at the second category because it delivers good value for money.

12. Fran Sherrell

Fran SherrellNew Member

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of online shopping! I have purchased lots of jewelry from the online store for my friends and family. I find shopping from the online store much more convenient than going to the market and fetching for discounts. I can pick my favorite piece by style, color, size, design, metal, stone, finishes and more! There is no pressure from anywhere! But I make sure to buy from certified online stores after reading the reviews of the other customers. Lately, I have bought sterling silver jewelry from Shop LC that offers only genuine products with the Lowest price guarantee.

13. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I bought costume jewelry online but I was very disappointed with what I got. Some pieces changed had a change in coloration after a been worn a few times and others, even though the main part didn't change, the clasp did, and it was a very unattractive sight. I had bought the items for resale and I had to refund some of the sales. I don't think I would trust buying Jewellery whether real or costume online ever again.

14. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Hi, I have bought a lot of jewelry online for my wife. There is an add on Facebook with gold plated jewelry that looks great and has a small price. The price is even lower if I buy a complete set like a ring with a bracelet and a necklace.

15. Mahi

MahiMember

Threads:
    I have never purchased Jewellery from Online. But heard that Craftsvilla, Voylla are some of the best e-commerce for Jewellery shopping. But still wondering will it be okay to shop from there?