Buying pants for an awkward body shape

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by beallsam • Aug 15, 2012.

1. beallsam

beallsamNew Member

Threads:
    Hi everyone,

i have the hardest time finding pants that fit! I tend to gain a lot of weight in my stomach area. I guess my core muscles aren't very toned, so I actually look about 4 months pregnant. It gets really hard to find pants that look nice, because I'm not very proportional. Does anyone have any tips or brands that tend to be forgiving in this sense? I like to look stylish and I don't want MomJeans. Anyone else have this problem? (It was even a problem when I was thinner. I've just always had a stomach that sticks out a lot.)

2. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Maybe you could try those pajama jeans. My friend has a pair and they look cute.
    Maybe try a balanced diet with good exercise. Probably too many bad carbs, like white bread.

Start eating healthy and eat things with lots of fiber and drink plenty of water.

Had the same problem.

3. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I think you should try to wear shapewear such as a girdle or spanx. This has always helped to minimize my stomach area when I was a little heavier. Also, you should check your eating habits and minimize eating unhealthy foods and do more core strengthening exercises to flatten your stomach.

4. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    Here are my suggestions:

1. Wear Spanx, just like what jovan107 suggested.
    2. Wear wide-legged pants?
    3. Try Levi's Curve ID. It's a good investment.

5. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I've had the same problem and can't seem to get rid of it either and I been trying to find the perfect girdle that will help me with the stomach problem also. I don't like spanx because to me, they are to tight and you can't breathe in them. I wish they would bring back the plain old girdle so we could wear those under pants or dresses when needed. But they seem to have forgotten about the girdle for us that want them. Spanx is made to tight for us and I heard that they are cutting of the circulation in women and causing problems, so I don't want that either. If anyone know where we can find those please let us know, for the ladies that would rather have those instead of spanx.

6. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    I am not sure if they are out of fashion or not but I have read that if you wear pants that has flat pleats in the front it can be flattering if you have a little bit of a tummy.

7. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I have a similar issue with body shape. I'm pretty proportionate however I am plus size and I don't have an hour glass shape, but more like a box square shape. I like Lane Bryants Right Fit jeans. They are designed to deal with common shape issues with plus size women ( Curvy, Round, Square) . I have no idea if you are plus size (14+) or not but if so, you can learn more

. I love their pants and jeans. The design works great for me.

8. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I've had the same issue for most of my life. I recently discovered Levi's Curve ID. They're kind of expensive, but totally worth it to get the perfect fit.

9. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I will try some of those and see what happens but I really would love it, if they would just come back with the plain old girdles like before and don't keep throwing those spanx at us for the ones that do not want to be squeezed to death. Maybe, if we keep telling them what we want as ladies they will bring them back. All ladies do not like the same things in there life but wants to be comfortable. I go for comfort and not for style.