Buying Pet Supplies Online, And Price Matching

Discussion in Pets started by Diane Lane • Apr 24, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wanted to buy a product for my kitties recently, and I shopped around. I found a cheap price for the product I wanted, but wasn't sure how legitimate the site was, and I didn't feel comfortable buying from them. What I did was, I looked around and found a legitimate site that stated they would price match, even regarding the shipping, and bought from them instead. The site I bought from was Vet Depot, and I'm happy with my purchase. It did take a few extra days to get the item, maybe because they were adjusting my item for the price match, but I'm still happy that I bought from them, and I'll shop there again.

2. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I often buy online for my pets. I do buy other places but most times my go-to place is Jeffers. They have things I need for my horses, goats, and chickens as well as for my dogs and cats. I do price check, though, as sometimes I can find things in a local store cheaper, but usually Jeffers is pretty reasonable. I do make up a list of as many things as I can before I order because the shipping works out better that way than for single items.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What store did you originally want to purchase the items from? It's not that hard to look up reviews of a site to determine whether or not it's a legitimate retailer. Chances are high that you would have been fine ordering from either website. Pet item retailers aren't known for being filled with unscrupulous retailers.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's definitely cheaper to buy pet items via online shopping. However, there is no assurance of quality and defective products are difficult to return. I have no bad experience yet though but I am wary of that. For the items I buy, I have a favorite online shop where I order and they deliver quick.

5. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Yes, I would definitely not buy a product I hadn't at least had personally recommended by a friend or veterinarian, because there are so many counterfeit products on the market these days. I'm happy with the site I found, and will most likely purchase from them again, when I need to refill that product, as well as for others. I'm a big fan of bookmarking every site I purchase from, as well as storing emails, in case there is an issue.

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Diane Lane@Diane Lane, that mention of couterfeit products made me realize that counterfeiting is getting common here. Imagine, even pet products are being counterfeited? That may be why there are different prices when we are comparing different stores for a particular product. The cheap ones may be fake.

7. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I would hope that legitimate stores/companies would verify that their sources are also legitimate, and are supplying genuine products, but it seems many times, large companies will go with whatever avenue saves them money, in order to increase profits, so that could be the case. I would sure hope not, but I have been burned by cheap products marketed as quality ones on eBay, so who knows if those types of products are also making it to other venues.

8. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I buy almost of my dog accessories online because the accessories in some of the local vets are very limited. My dogs are those of the big breeds therefore it is hard for me to look for something that will fit them in our local vets. The only downside of online shopping is that you cannot guarantee the quality of the product before you purchase them and it is good if they do price matching because it will save you money. But other than that, online shopping is really efficient and can save a lot of your time.