Buying Spices Online

Discussion in Food & Drink started by steph84 • Jun 13, 2013.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I'm looking to buy a fully loaded spice rack. Was wondering where I could find one online? I have searched Amazon, but they are so expensive. I know that spices can be pricey. I just need a way to kick up my cooking. I feel bored making the same old chicken and fish. Should I ditch the spice rack idea and just buy a few select spices? If so, any great recommendations? Thanks! :eek:

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've seen these from time to time at some of our local department stores. I even bought one one time, but it was mainly for "decoration" in my kitchen - I kept all of my real spices in the cupboard. I've always been told its not good to leave them out in direct sunlight, which is why I've always kept them stored away. Plus the bottles are all different sizes depending on the brands, so they wouldn't all fit into a standard spice holder. I would ditch the rack and put the money towards higher quality spices, personally.

3. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    Have you check out etsy.com? I usually buy my spices from the International Farmers Market. But, if I couldn't find what I needed I would check Etsy.com out. They have spices from all over the world and that includes marinades too. Some sellers include recipes as well. Buy handmade!! :)

4. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I personally wouldn't buy a spice rack. I would only buy what I use often. Spices from the local market would not only be fresh but also cheaper. I do buy fresh herbs .. actually grow them in small containers to add a twist and zing to my cooking.

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would just build your own spice rack I had my husband build me a shelf and built my own spice rack it's cheaper and a lot better in my eyes

6. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Would honestly recommend to search Macy's. Macy's offers 20% coupons off anything all the time and if you make an account then you will get free shipping on your birthday. I think you should take advantage because this store always has very quality things rather than buying a simple wooden one that will break with time.
    Good luck and I hope this helped!

7. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't recommend doing this. You should buy your spices as fresh as possible and with a selection of items that you know for certain you will use. Unless your favorite all-natural brand sells fully loaded racks with a selection that appeals to you, you are better off buying a la cart.