Buying tickets in advance

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Peninha • Feb 24, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So recently I've bought tickets to a music festival without knowing what bands were coming. They were at 50% off and this festival usually brings great bands, but this year it seems not to be the case... :(

Would you do it or would you wait to see which bands would come and pay double?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't buy the tickets to a music festival in advance unless they had at least a couple of bands I like confirmed. Last year I almost bought tickets without knowing the artists to a big festival where I live (Rock in Rio) and thankfully I didn't, because any of the artists rumored to come ended up confirming! It's tricky to buy these in advance to pay less because it might turn up to be too expensive if you don't even want to go in the end! I would rather wait and pay more for a festival I know I'll love than cheaper for something I don't care about!

3. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm, I would not buy on the off chance, unless I was pretty sure that the level of discount justified the bands who were almost certain to attend. I don't attend festivals anyway, but I know a lot of people who are hard strapped and buy tickets in advance only to be eventually let down. I would rather save up and go to fewer, better events.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm the sort of guy who doesn't have favorites when it comes to music. I believe everyone should be given a chance to prove themselves so if a ticket is going for half-price and I have n idea who the performers will be, I'd still buy the ticket. . .save some dough and still enjoy myself at the festival.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    If I were just wanting to go to a festival to experience it again, then yes, I'd definitely snatch up that deal and not care much which bands were playing. However, if I were in the mood to hear music I liked live instead of just wanting to experience the festival, then yes, I'd be willing to pay double just to see which bands were playing. It really just depends on my mood, but honestly, I think the experience of going to festivals is great already anyway so I'd more likely just get the discounted price without knowing who was playing.

6. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    If you got them in advance, are you not able to get a refund?

Generally you should be able to and the company will only keep the booking fee.

7. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been buying train, coach, gig & football tickets in advance for years, the earlier the better as they are cheaper. Although I have never booked a festival ticket in advance without seeing which bands are performing, because knowing my luck all the bands I dislike would be there and none of the bands I like. :)

8. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's more or less what happened dean, the worse possible bands are coming, but it's still not closed I still hope. I am not losing the money though, in the worse case I get to sell them at least for the same price. ;)

9. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    I have bought tickets in advance before. I am going to the Dancing on Ice tour at the end of this month and I bought the tickets over a year ago. I had no idea who was going to be on the tour but unless I bought them the day the tickets were on sale I wouldn't have been able to get good seats. I think it depends on the circumstances as to whether it is a good idea to buy tickets so early but if you risk the wait until you know who is in the show it could be too late as they may be sold out anyway.

10. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    I'd like to know at least a part of the bands coming before buying the tickets.

11. tony

tonyNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer to know the band before i buy ticket.

12. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, it's probably the last time I do this, but let's face it, it's the 10th anniversary of these concerts and the bands have always been awesome, just this year things are different. They have good main bands, but the secondary bands are no big deal... :(