Buying used textbooks for homeschooling

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by MindyT • Jul 1, 2014.

1. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I am always trying to save money. One of the hardest place to save money or cut corners for me would be buying the textbooks I need for homeschooling. I really do not want to pay full price. Some of the textbooks and curriculum can get very pricey especially for the high school subjects.

I would like the books to be in nice condition, without writing, but they do not have to be perfect. I look on eBay often. However, I never seem to find what I need, when I need it. Does anyone know of any other websites that offer used textbooks, used curriculum?

I know this might be a stretch, but I am hoping someone might have more information that I am missing.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You could try Barnes and Noble

I've never bought used Textbooks from them before but if they say they've got them then it's worth taking a look around to see if they have the books and whether the prices could be friendly.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We don't use textbooks anymore.. it's free to learn all over the net instead of in one book with one perspective. Or we use the library. We buy books on Amazon or ebay when the need arises or we feel like flipping around in a book. Sometimes online is just plain inconvenient. I wouldn't know places you could shop unless you're in Canada as well, but I suggest you look into homeschooling groups on facebook or in real life. I see a lot of people selling used curriculum as they're done with them, or swapping. Look for the homeschoolers, if you haven't already. Wherever they are, you'll find the used books. Suggest it if they aren't doing it already because all of us are or have done the textbook thing and it gets uber expensive. They'd definitely appreciate the idea.